Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back on Cafemom.....

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

Greetings & Salutations!  I'm turning 50 in July. I'm in the mist of a divorce with my husband. I have one daughter thst recently turned 9.  I've had my bouts with depression over the years.  For me I always get depressed around the Christmas holidays.  Bad memories as a child. I don't take any medication for depression, since I doesn't control my life. My daughter go to therapy together to help with the transition of it.  The therapist told me that she sees that I don't have time to get depressed because my daughter is very demand.  Thank goodness for her, then. We have no pets.  We live in Westchester County and I work in New York City.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome! im glad you have your depression under control and glad you are seeing a therapist with your daughter. you seem to be on the right path.

happynewyorker
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Well, it's the best thing I can do for my daughter and myself.  Plus she's being going to socialization group therapy since last year. Which I might add has helped her became a better person.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Hello and Welcome... 

Tracys2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Welcome! Sounds like you have a lot going on. I'm in my 40s with a 7 year old, 5 year old and 3 year old, and up till recently was unmedicated, so we have some things in common. Looking forward to getting to know you better

mikala76
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Aloha. Nice to meet You. I live in hawaii, have two sons (ages 18 and 13), and have been married for 17 years. I have bipolar disorder and bpd. I unfortunantly have to take tons of meds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lunatic6997
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Welcome! group hug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)