Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Emotional pain

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have been through alot of ups and downs in my marriage and now I feel very low self esteem and am very emotionally hurt all the time. My DH has been trying to work on the marriage but I have major emotional issues like feeling like he is only being nice to me to use me and whatnot. I want to work this marriage out but I don't know how to get over this emotional pain because some of our bad times have gotten really bad. Divorce is not an option, not religion wise but just because I don't want one, anyone been through this and/or have any advice?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM

i have been through some rough times in my marriage. emotionally it can hurt. but you can get over it. i done it without counseling but it took alot of time. i would recommend counseling for it.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM

If it is worth saving then it is worth fighting for. 

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I would consider healing your depression, because "just being nice to use me" or "can't really like me" sound like issues you can work with in therapy or with a CBT book, trying to figure out what caused it and how you can change your way of thinking. Personally, I am wondering if some of the thoughts I have are because of the chemical imbalance in my brain, and that medicating away the chemical imbalance will make it easier to change the thoughts. No info yet on if it will work though, just starting out, here!

CandyRayne
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Thank you everyone for the help. Alot of the things I am hurting about are things that he has said and done to me. I have also done some things to him in retaliation. No physical cheating though, I do want to look past all the negative and look to our bright future because I do feel with all my heart that he is my soul mate. I just need to get past all the pain.

Lunatic6997
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM

It takes time to get over emotional pain. Don't rush your emotions...you'll heal in time!

Quoting CandyRayne:

Thank you everyone for the help. Alot of the things I am hurting about are things that he has said and done to me. I have also done some things to him in retaliation. No physical cheating though, I do want to look past all the negative and look to our bright future because I do feel with all my heart that he is my soul mate. I just need to get past all the pain.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:22 PM

hugs! will he go to counseling with you? maybe it would help to have someone to talk it out with?

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:56 PM

All marriages have bad times. I personally believe that one that doesn't is not a real close marriage and union of two people.  I would suggest some individual counseling to help with your thoughts of him using you, when I get depressed I get paranoid like that about my DH.  I think even a few sessions of couples counseling could help you two to communicate better and find ways of healing the past.

MommysTimeOut5
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Been there and done that for  12 years off and on and still battling. I would just honestly pray (if you are religious) or something to that sort to not neccessarily FORGET what he has said but FORGIVE him for  your past. Emotional abuse is MUCH WORSE than physical cheating. If you two love each other unconditionally then some counseling might help,  You should work on trusting him to not hurt you anymore and work on not saying mean things to him.  Let your love for each other overcome the pain by focusing on the good times and not the bad. Good luck, I am rooting for your family

Quoting CandyRayne:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)