Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

problems at bedtime causing stress

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm doing okay. I was frustrated with my son earlier today because he's teething and has been waking up from his naps lately really cranky. My daughter was the worst putting to bed tonight. 6 years old and she wants to blame everyone and everything but  herself for the things she does. Man, does it get any better? LOL.  She never wants to go to bed lately. i have to fight with her if my husband is not home. I also feel aggrivated after she acts up because my son usually acts up right after she does then I have to deal with him. 

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:04 AM

if hes teething give him some motrin or tylenol appropriate for his age and rub his gums in that numbing stuff. you are going to have to make consequences for you little girl who want go to bed. if she gets out of bed after you put her there then you need to take something away from her or something like that. it sounds like she is playing on your soft side. especially since she will go to bed after your husband comes. sometimes my grandsons wont go to bed but i make them lay down and be quiet for a little while to rest. usually then they will fall asleep.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:26 PM

hugs! just keep being firm with her about it being time for quiet time. My daughter liked to look at books in bed for a little while before lights out.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I agree. Estabilish quiet time, if she fights back don't engage it.  For the teething I found that the teething tablets by hylands worked well for lo.  Both kids would respond to lavender eo diffused in their rooms, it is very calming.

Quoting leahbeah143:

hugs! just keep being firm with her about it being time for quiet time. My daughter liked to look at books in bed for a little while before lights out.

MommysTimeOut5
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Maybe try having her read a story or make up a story to tell you and your son. I usually try to set a timer or clock to let my daughter know when it is getting close to wind down time and we sing songs and tell stories. Good luck

jlc26
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Thanks everyone! My daughter only seems to act up when my husband is not home. I've tried getting her to relax before she goes to bed but she starts throwing a fit and is very angry. She will say over and over, " I dont want to go to bed." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN