Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

depression

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM
  • 4 Replies

PND when does it get better? when do i feel myself like normal again? I thought id been through enough with havin me wonderful baby boy 10 wks prem who spent 9 wks in hospital and then this? So SORRY if im going on?

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:15 PM

you need to be taking something for it if youre not. it can last for a good while and will get worse if not treated. i hope you are seeing a dr.

Tracys2
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I agree with lyrick, it usually doesn't get better on its own, especially if it's bad. But frrom what I've seen, it responds really well to medication.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Everyone is different.  The most importnat thing to do is find some sort of treatment. Our local wic office holds free confidential support groups.  Some peole respond well to meds, others therapy and other a combination of both.  Since meds work differently for everyone, and everyone respinds to therapy differently there is no cut and dry time frame, I'm not a doc but I would say it would take a little over a month to start seeing a little improvement and them some time from there to get back to normal. but getting help asap will lead you on the road to recovery.

wonderingmom316
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Tanks 4 the support im on med but was wondering is their many other mums that had it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)