Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you feel about wrapping gifts?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:54 AM
  • 16 Replies

I dislike it but I do it anyway, and use gift bags for the stuff that is too hard to wrap.  I am not a good wrapper and it always looks like a 7 yr old did it even though I try so hard.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deadlights86
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM
3 moms liked this

I love wrapping presents especially my kids cause they are kids and don't care if it looks like crap lol

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM
You sound like me! Exactly like me! The only presents never in a bag is Santa gifts. I have two boys. Santa picks a specific wrapping paper for each one. There is only one tag on one of there presents and they know that paper are their gifts.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM

i get burnt out if i have to wrap alot so i only wrap a few at a time. if i wrap alot i take breaks in between it and have some coffee.

matreshka
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:37 AM

THat's what I do too. And no matter what I get a bad back ache when I wrap too many at a time.

Quoting lyrick24:

i get burnt out if i have to wrap alot so i only wrap a few at a time. if i wrap alot i take breaks in between it and have some coffee.

daysfan2004
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I told my dh I think I am going to do gift bags this year. I hate to wrap and I am not good at it at all. I say put the all the presents in gift bags lol.

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:35 AM

me too - hate it & looks bad - but my kiddos don't care LOL!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I am a huge fan of gift bags lol I don't mind wrapping, but I don't feel like I do that good of a job.

ever_grey
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

My grandmother hated gift wrapping so I would always be the one wrapping gifts once I was old enough. I grew to adore it and it was in no way a chore. Last year I began working at a mail room which offered gift wrapping prior to sending out the packages... I loved it. There was something incredibly special and fulfilling about making a simple box really beautiful with my own bare hands.

I have a difficult time wrapping and I didn't stay on as a gift wrapper due to a degenerative condition that affects my right arm. I have good days and bad days but I have general weakness that prevents a more "professional" appearance to my wrapping. I can't quite tie bows tight enough or make ribbons pop like they were meant to so I was moved to data entry for the shipping instead. None-the-less, I took that experience and cherish it.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I am good at it but I don't like it. We use a lot of gift bags. 

Tracys2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I don't care if it looks bad.

When I was little, I used to watch A Christmas Carol and wrap with my mother. She'd be on one side of the bed, and I'd be on another. Such a happy memory! I used different papers and ribbons and bows for every present. Now it's crazy and messy and 50 presents instead of 5, so we seldom bother with nametags and just write with Sharpie, but I still kind of enjoy it just because of the memory, you know?

(PS something like this is a GREAT tradition! Wrapping and watching a movie with the kids)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)