Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crazy?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello I'm new to the group and thanks for having me. Here's my story. I gave birth to a baby boy on November 24th and decided to give him up for adoption. My family didn't know I was pregnant and didn't know I was in labor. I was in denial the whole pregnancy. I finally told my mom and my sister about the whole situation but nobody else. I must say I have good days and bad days. But it seems to be still eating at me. I did have an open adoption so I did get to meet the couple. I guess this whole waiting to hear from the adoptive couple about how he is doing is the hardest right now. I just learned what they named him and thought it would be better after learning his name. I just don't know where to turn, there are no support groups. I did speak to my doctor since I feel depressed but he wants to see how I'm feeling in a week or two. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:47 AM

im so sorry youve gone through all of this. but what a wonderful person you are for bringing this child into this world and caring enough to give him to a good home.  i would try to get out and get some exercise. it will make you feel better. also i would journal if i were you. sometimes it helps to write your feelings down. wait a few more weeks like your dr said and then if youre not any better go back. i hope everything works out for you. good luck.

Jennlee1974
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM

You are such a selfless person. I hope that you can see the fact that you totally ROCK!!! What an amazing gift you have given and what a selfless act of true love you gave to your son. I am sorry to hear of the depression. It will pass, but if you need help don`t hesitate to ask for it.

mrsvixen
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM

What about a pregnancy/adoption center? Wouldn't they have free counseling? It's a loss.....even if you were 100% sure, you still need to work through it.

*hugs* I'm sure you've made the couple very happy

Amy0
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Thanks for the advice from all of you. Yes I do get out everyday and walk since I have two dogs. It seems everyone says it was a selfless act that I did but I just feel so selfish for giving him up. I will start to journal so I can get some of my feelings out. Also the adoptive parents have set up counseling for the rest of my life and yes I truly believe that I will be going in the near future so I can start to work through this.

Nena70
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:33 AM

You are not crazy. You did an incredible thing and a special gift. You need support . Can you see a therapist or a counselor to talk about your feeling. Never hold them in. Talking with someone safe and caring can help you alot. Do they have support through the adoption agency.  Please keep looking , take care of yourself . You are an incredible women for all you have done. 

matreshka
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:59 AM

You are so not crazy! You did a very hard, but responsible thing.  I would definitely get into counseling to help you with this.  Meds alone from the doc won't help you process this.

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM
I will strongly suggest joining the group Birthmoms. Its full of very supportive women. We all have different experiences. Some knew from the start they wanted to adopt out their child. Some have been involved with cps. Some have open adoptions..while others have closed. Come join the group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I feel for you, but I truly believe if you journal or write letters to your son and keep them for him it will be a form of therapy.  I will keep u in my prayers.  keep us updated and if u need to chat u can pm me.hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)