Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It worrys me

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM
  • 3 Replies
In the wake of the ct shooting I have been thinking a lot about the entire situation. Someone posted today that when she went to drop her daughter off at school there were officers there monitoring things. It leaves me wondering what my daughter is going to have to go through when she is in school what threat will she have to face? The ct shooting also hit me very hard because when I was in elementary one of the school teachers was killed by her ex-husband on school grounds. He went into her classroom and she knew right away why he was there because he promised her once the divorce finalized he would kill her. She told him I he was going to do it he would have to take her to the bathroom and not do it in front o her students. They went to the bathroom and he shot her and himself. Thankfully it was t my teacher and I was actually out of school that say because my grandpa was in the hospital. I remember my parents trying to explain to me what happened and I just couldnt grasp the idea. The ct shooting hits home so bad and I keep thinking that could have been me that could have been my school my teachers my friends when I was a kid. And I keep thinking what kinds of things is my daughter going to face? What kind of evil and hate is she going to know?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Tracys2
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:56 PM

It's hard to know. My kids have a really good school, and there is risk like anywhere, but at least so far rthey don't know about it, and their experience is very positive.

Nothing ever happened in any of my schools, though I've been out of HS nearly 25 years now, all of which schools were very open and anybody going anywhere with no control of any kind.

ZOOMZOOMCANTOR
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I think this one has hit me the hardest I see it in my mind or my vision of it . I have 5 grandkids and 3 in school I wish so my daughter would home school but she needs to work to meet needs  sooo... sad

matreshka
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:20 PM

What happened when you were young probably really traumatized you even though you weren't there.

Many people are having a hard time with this.  My mom works in CT and many people in her office are in some way connected to these kids and its awful, I cant even think of a word to describe it.  I posted something about the shooting.  At the end of the article are links that might help you.

My oldest is in 2nd grade.  I hope with all my heart he stays safe his whole life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)