Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fml

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:27 PM
  • 13 Replies
I wish I wasn't so screwed up and could actually work without freaking out about it. I am just not good around other people and don't deal with stress well. I am currently on disability but feel like I waste my days at home while the kids are in school. My Meds make me feel tired all the time so getting things done becomes a problem. I volunteer but sometimes I just don't feel like going in so I don't. I guess I am not the most reliable person. I have more bad days than good ones. It just stinks. I really want to be stable enough to work but I haven't felt like myself since the ect the doctors performed on me after my youngest was born which was 6 yrs ago. I feel like such a loser. Such a waste of space. I get suicidal thoughts all the time even though I don't plan on acting on them. Does anyone else feel this way? How do I get better? I've tried different Meds and I am currently in therapy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
icn_mom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I think a good idea is look for a social group to become a part of. some type of maybe support group... when you feel isolated depression can feel much worse. maybe you could find a job "behind the scenes" so you dont have to work in close contact with many people? I feel like a waste of space some days, i too am on disability, but for a physical reason (my back has severe degeneration of the disks) i tell my husband i really need a job, i want a job.. and he doesnt feel i should work just to hurt myself, and be even more miserable. I have a fantastic support system of people that know just what to say to spunk me up :) I hope you can find something that works for you!

MooreMommy5
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:46 PM

You can get disability for depression!!

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:06 AM

i feel the same way. i am tired all the time and it interferes with me getting things done around the house. i wanted to go back to work part time but im not sure i can handle it. i know i cant right now. i need to exercise and get my strength back and then think about going back to work. i am on disability also. but i was a nurse before that. im thinking about getting a treadmill to get my strength back up but until then i just try to keep my spirits up and think positive.

Lunatic6997
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Im sorry you feel this way! Keep doing what your doing...change comes in little steps but it does come. How long have you been on your current meds? In therapy? 

matreshka
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I am right there with you. I wish I had answers, but I could have written this post, right down to the effects of having ECT.

What I try to tell myself is that I am doing the best I can. I stay on my meds, that help a little, and therapy that also helps and try to do my best around the house.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:29 AM

(((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I'm sorry that you're feeling so down :-( Hugs!

Jazmyn1
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:05 PM
You just explained how i feel everyday ur not alone stay in the therepy and keep your head up
Jazmyn1
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Whats ect

Quoting matreshka:

I am right there with you. I wish I had answers, but I could have written this post, right down to the effects of having ECT.

What I try to tell myself is that I am doing the best I can. I stay on my meds, that help a little, and therapy that also helps and try to do my best around the house.

matreshka
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:58 PM
electrocounductitve therapy or shock therapy

Quoting Jazmyn1:

Whats ect

Quoting matreshka:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)