Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An Update...

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM
  • 8 Replies

Just letting you all know I visited my BF today and they moved him from CCU to a regular room, and although I do not agree they will allow him to come home tomorrow, which I think may be too soon, but doc says its ok.

Now for the bad news....After speaking to the doctor I have learned that my BF has been diagnosed with Chronic Liver Disease, COPD, and Dementia.

At this point I am googling and learning about these diganoses in order to be aware of his conditions and be able to care for him while he is home. I am pretty calm after learning this but it may be shock and hasnt hit me yet, though am feeling a bit tense and scared, I realize now that he will need much more attention, care, and support, so I am trying to prepare myself, I know that I am going to have a tough time mentally, so I will be posting a lot when I am at that point. I just hope I will be able to cope, though not saying I do not love my man, but I am sure things will take a toll on me considering I am caring for two people with disabilities.

Also since he will be home tomorrow, I may not be on a few days so that I can make sure he and my child are taken care of and that we all adjust to new living arrangements, meaning a smoke free, alcohol free and some anxiety free home.

Thanks again for everyones support here and I will post again soon, till then I wish you all a good evening.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
twistandshout
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Good luck, care giving is hard enough with having to care for one sick person let alone two. Bless you child. I worked many years in home health so I do know who hard it is. Please remember to take care of yourself. Get breaks and time for yourself. Praying for your situation. Hugs

Lunatic6997
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:47 PM

hugs

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:56 AM

im glad hes getting out of the hospital. how sweet of you to help take care of him. he is lucky. be sure to take care of yourself also.

matreshka
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:24 AM

(((Hugs))) I would definitely try to find some support groups, especially for the dementia.  My dad has alzheimer's and it's hard to see him not the person he used to be.

matreshka
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Also, look into getting a visiting nurse or something like that.  It is great that you want to help him but you need to look after yourself as well.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:24 AM

OK

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM

sending hugs and good thoughts!

kim091069
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:53 AM

WOW! I can imagine you are in a state of shock. You have my prayers and will be in my thoughts. I will always be willing to lend an ear and at least listen. Don;t forget to take care of yourself first or you wont be there for your BF or your childd. I know your hands will be full but try to make time for yourself too even if it is just a few minutes to get on here and give everyone an update.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)