Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do ? Sick of fever think cause of mirena every month

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I don't really don't have family or friends I can talk with.  I'm very shy so it's just hard to write this. But Im not sure what to do. After I had our 2nd child I got the mirena put in.  He will be 2in April and his big brother will be 5in April.  Sometime after I started feeling sick and I got fevers for a week. At 1st we think maybe allergys. But I get better then next month same thing for a week. I even Gave up my pets. I have a love for animals.  I went to my doc in nov. I feel like throwing up and I got a fever. I notice it last a week. Doc ran blood test. I'm fine.  I said it funny it last a week then I'm fine. She asked is it around my Pms. Yes it is. She thinks that's my problem. When I got it in my doc said no side effects. I will be fine. I was on a few different kinds of birth control pills. But I had many problems like bad side effects. So I been on a few different kinds. And I even got pregnant 2other times. The 1st time I just started bleeding soo very bad that my friend took me to er. I got news I was pregnant but lost it. Later on I was on a different med and I felt like I was pregnant. Nurse said no I'm not but I did a home test and I was pregnant.  Saw doc yes I was right. She says pills don't work on me.  It was this time of year. I was all excited about going in to hear heart beat but we had a blizzard so I had to wait to go in next week. I go in to find out no heart beat. I had to have a d and c done.  Later on we had our baby.   So we have 2boys and we done having kids. Our 1son is special needs. So I called my pregnancy doc to see what she thinks. Well I get news I don't have a doc. She moved back to her old state. I told the nurse about my fever around my Pms. She has never heard of that but he was going to ask the only doc we have. We in small town. The nurse calls back to say ya it's normal to have fever and feel sick.  She said not a big deal and hung up on me.  I don't know what to do ? Ok pills don't work on me. I don't think it's right I get to deal ith a fever and want to throw up once a week every month. I also think that's why I still look pregnant. I never lost the baby weight.  So that gets me upset. I eat right when it's nice out I love walking.  We don't have money to have my boyfriend get surgery.  I guess what I'm asking. What is it like for the lady to get her tubes tied ?  I'm 31 years old. He is 32.  I just don't do good with meds and I hate feeling sick and I don't want people coming up to me and asking am I pregnant.  I just want something that works.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:27 PM

So sorry that u r going thru this!  I never heard of getting a fever w/PMS,but I had horrible cramps/nausea with my periods unless I was on the pill to make the periods lighter.  Having your tubes tied won't stop your period,so it won't stop PMS.  I had my tubes tied after I had my son,right there on the OR table after he was born,so i had no problem there.  Others have told me their was minimal pain,but it is under general anesthesia,so their are risks involved,and a vasectomy is done in the Dr's office under local anesthesia,so much eas ier for a guy.  Find a new Dr,or a Nurse Practitioner,to me they are better.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:00 AM

i would get rid of the marena. having a tubal ligation   isnt so bad. im pretty sure they do that on an outpt basis now. you might want to consider that.

matreshka
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:25 AM

I had the mirean and the side effects were so bad I had it taken out in 6 weeks.  We are kind of in the same situation as you, dh doesnt want a vasectomy, I don't want my tubes tied and I cant take BC.  For now we are using condoms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)