Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel unworthy

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:35 PM
  • 7 Replies
I feel unworthy of love. Dh has quit trying in our marriage I feel like. Things get better for a while, then they're right back to how they were.

Today has been rough. He has been irritated or annoyed with me all day and he is terrible at hiding it. I finally let go and started crying and he belittles me for it. He doesn't try to comfort me. He doesn't even try to be nicer, but only gets more irritated. I don't remember what it is like to feel comforted, or important, or loved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
twistandshout
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I am sorry you are going through this. Guys can sure be butts.

Lunatic6997
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:49 PM

hugs

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:54 AM

im so sorry you are going through this. its important that you make yourself feel loved. do something special for yourself like get a massage or have your hair done. also it might be time for you to suggest counseling to your husband. i hope things work out for you.

shesliketx
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:20 AM
We are in counseling. Due to his work/training schedule and our lack of babysitters (dh is in the army) it is hard for us to go more than once a month. We had a long talk last night after I posted this and it was productive and helpful.

Quoting lyrick24:

im so sorry you are going through this. its important that you make yourself feel loved. do something special for yourself like get a massage or have your hair done. also it might be time for you to suggest counseling to your husband. i hope things work out for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Keep talking to him.  Since it is hard for you two to get to therapy having talks like that is importnat.  They don't have to be be formal "sit down" talks, but a conversation before bed about the positives or something like that.

Quoting shesliketx:

We are in counseling. Due to his work/training schedule and our lack of babysitters (dh is in the army) it is hard for us to go more than once a month. We had a long talk last night after I posted this and it was productive and helpful.

Quoting lyrick24:

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:46 AM

((HUGS)). You are worthy of being loved. 

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:04 AM

(((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)