Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pre-birth ppd

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I've been told before you can get it in late pregnancy and I definitely am suffering from it lately. I feel so alone. I'm stressed, finances are sooo hard right now. DH and I fight all the time. I'm resentful towards him at times. I don't want to do anything. I miss my mother a lot lately, who passed three years ago.

Worst of all.....I'm even starting to hate the feeling of my baby moving inside me. It simply irritates me. I don't like the sensation. Everyone always tells me how great it is and how you miss it when it's gone and what a miracle it is. I don't like it one bit and it's starting to reach the point of making me angry when she moves a lot.

I'm 33 weeks pregnant, already been thrown into labor once from stress and feeling like I just can't handle all this.

I've had depression for years, ever since I was abused as a pre-teen. But all of this is so difficult and I just want to crawl into a hole and hide. I've always been able to fight it off but I just can't anymore. I need someone to talk to that has been through similar situations and feelings. I don't have the money nor insurance to see a therapist like I did when I was younger.

Anyone have PPD before their baby even arrived?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 1:21 PM

i never had it before any of my children arrived but ive heard of alot of people that do. maybe you can talk to your ob dr and get them to put you on something that is safe during pregnancy.

RugersMomma
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I has PPD before I gave birth to my now 11 month old son. I also was abused as a child and have suffered from depression ever since. At times during my pregnancy I just wanted to make it all end. I loved my son but the emotions were just over whelming and made me feel so alone. I seen a therapist and it didn't help me. The only way I found help was to take medication and except that it wasn't my fault that I was feeling so alone and depressed. If you wanna talk feel free to message me anytime.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM

The end of my pregnancies was always very hard, i was so physcially uncomfortable and mentally a mess.  It was a relief to give birth and initially I felt better but 6 months later I went back on my meds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)