Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not a Happy New Year at all

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:11 AM
  • 31 Replies
My husband has been negative and miserable all night about the Korean singer Psy saying things about killing Americans, about the Fiscal Cliff, about our financial situation.

We are several payments behind on our mortgage and his Jeep (I didn't know how bad it was)and now I'm worried we will lose our home. I feel like its all my fault because I had to quit my job for the sake of my health. (I was contemplating suicide in the filing room at work) Now I just want to die. Again.

I think I'll give up the business, take the kids out of daycare and try to find an overnight job. I'll be miserable, sick and suicidal, but we'll have our house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elwalters77
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:13 AM
And I really need my therapist but I can't afford to go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momabear455
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Don't blame yourself, your husband is the caretaker, if he has to get an extra job then he should.  I am suffering from some bad depression and I am working a job I hate but I have to work because my husband doesn't make enough money to support all of us.  It sucks and I feel like you sometimes the only way to work is night shift because I cannot handle how hard day shift is, I work in a hospital as a CNA and it's like a nursing home.

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I hear what youre saying as I have been there and then some - we had to file bankruptcy after years of working and then I lost my job, and have not been able to find one in 7 years.  I couldn't find one in 4 years, and I'm not getting any younger.  Do not blame yourself - depression is an illness that you cannot help having and your health is far more important.  We have had alot of bad things going on for years.  Every time we think we are going to climb back out, we get hit again.  Just take care of yourself, know you are loved, and remember those beautiful children need their momma.  pm me if you need a shoulder to lean on or an ear to bend.  I never judge, as I have not walked in your particular shoes, but know what it's like to fall on hard times, and have major depression.  angel mini

elwalters77
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I not only have major depression, but anxiety and brittle Type 1 Diabetes too. This is all too much for me right now. I can't stop crying and having a panic attack and I have horrible thoughts going through my head that are very scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhodaj
by rho on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Hun i know how u r feeling. I was the samrway when i could no longer work. I blamed everythimg on myself. But my husband sat down and tried to figure out were we coould cut expenses but there was nome. We finaly filed chapter 13 . I finally started gettinv a small disabilty check. But we did it tohether.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:10 AM
If you file bankruptcy, do you lose your home?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:11 AM
We have a hard time with together. I know we could benefit from couples counseling, but we can't afford it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunangel803
by Angela on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this
You might check into any sliding scale/free counseling offered in your area.
Jazmyn1
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Call your local gov agency and see if you can get some help for counseling there and get to ur dr and if nothing else file for disability till u get back on ur feet emotionally!! Keep your head up and I agree your husband should be more supportive and he can get a sec job YOUR HEALTH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT right now if your not healthy thats hurting you and your kids ur hubby needs to man up and take care of you ....good luck and hugs
Jazmyn1
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:08 AM
No

Quoting elwalters77:

If you file bankruptcy, do you lose your home?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)