Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

ideas for a last minute wedding

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi everyone. my name is Cheryl. I work full time and have two kids. one 25 and my daughter is 20. she is still at home. looking for any help in planning a last minute wedding. her fiancee is in Marines so it could be a last minute thing. worried about having a place for reception. any ideas would be nice. 

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM

big wedding or just for close friends and family? Can you do it in your home/yard?

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM

If it's going to be last minute, I think its best to do it at someone's house.  I think if you try to rent a place and the date falls through you will end up losing the deposit and such.

I would try to at least narrow down the time frame and if your going to have a reception keep to foods that can be made quickly and frozen.

Maybe they should just have a civil ceremony and hold off on the reception and family part of it until they can take the time to plan.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM

i would make it small. just for close friends and family and have the reception at your home or someones house. they can always have a bigger wedding when it is not so last minute.

JTMOM422
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I think at your home would be quick and easy. My dh is in the Army and we were on a very tight budget. We decorated ourselves. We married in Dec so we used our Christmas tree and decorations as our wedding decor. Also we made all the food ourselves.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Welcome to the group

rhodaj
by rho on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I love planning events. I just did my daughters she was married in July.

You need to figure out what your budget will be. 

What type of wedding she wants. Small,medium or large.

When is the wedding. Does she want indoor or outdoor

Do you want a place that will set up and tear down for you or you don't mind doing it yourself.

Is she going to get married at the same place that the reception is going to be. Thats what my daughter did. She had the wedding in the gazzebo then the reception was in the hall.

How many is in the wedding party.

What colors is she using.

I found the best thing was to actually rent a hall that supplied the food for the reception.

I did my daughters wedding in about 3 months and it was for 100 people.

So I did a list and marked off everything as I got it done. You will be going none stop but you can do it.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Check your local VFW charter. I believe they'd be happy to provide a last minute reception venue to for a military wedding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)