Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you? 1/2/2013

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 14 Replies

How are you doing today? Is there anything you need to talk about?

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama.farmer
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Check my post "Unsupportive Husband."

ever_grey
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I'm dealing with some terrible thoughts about my worth today. I put on this strong face and tough things out right to the bitter end, but between the stress of home and work my shield is crumbling rapidly.

It takes a lot to make me go to the doctor. It takes a lot for me to call off of work. It was never my intention to inconvenience anyone... That said, I have been working my shifts ill, not to mention working without proper training on top of debilitating conditions. They aren't even aware that I've been their golden goose, that one employee that won't say no because they desperately need the job... that one employee who comes when called, takes on several shifts at once, and just ducks their head and takes the abuse from customers and management alike.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting vehement exasperation. I couldn't even show my face at my place of employment after going to the emergency room. I had my husband drop me off at Walgreens to fill my prescriptions so he could drop off my excuse and work release forms. I was made to feel so insignificant... and like a disposable resource.

ever_grey
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Will do. <3

Quoting mama.farmer:

Check my post "Unsupportive Husband."

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I'm dealing with trying to stay away from my cutting past. I haven't cut since I met my husband over two years ago but it's getting harder and harder to fight it off. I made an appointment to see my therapist next Wednesday so I just need to be able to fight it off for another week
nodramamama311
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I haven't really been depressed in a while but yesterday I was kind of a wreck for some reason.

My husband is a firefighter and he was at the station, which is a 30 second drive from our house. They do work but they have lots if down time because we live in a very small town. Anyway I wasn't feeling all that great and I thought after they went for breakfast he'd come home and check on me but nope. I didn't hear from him until almost 2 and it made me sad. Is that silly?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM

No, it's not silly. I bet you'd do it for him.

Quoting nodramamama311:

I haven't really been depressed in a while but yesterday I was kind of a wreck for some reason.

My husband is a firefighter and he was at the station, which is a 30 second drive from our house. They do work but they have lots if down time because we live in a very small town. Anyway I wasn't feeling all that great and I thought after they went for breakfast he'd come home and check on me but nope. I didn't hear from him until almost 2 and it made me sad. Is that silly?

JansRainbow
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM

My family has many concerns about the nursing home dad is in. We don't like certain things that are going on. Keeping notes on everything. Also have an emergency dental appointment, broke my tooth. That will be a big bill. Don't need that. Quite the Klonopin, per doctor's instruction. Don't feel groggy anymore. Can function better, but have the anxiety.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I am doing good

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM

feeling lonely. my husband goes back to ga tomorrow and i have so enjoyed having him with me but i am crying already because i am going to miss him so bad.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Did work say something to you?  Human Resources should be able to help you.  DH's job is like that, he puts all his effort in and they are still buttheads to him.

Quoting ever_grey:

I'm dealing with some terrible thoughts about my worth today. I put on this strong face and tough things out right to the bitter end, but between the stress of home and work my shield is crumbling rapidly.

It takes a lot to make me go to the doctor. It takes a lot for me to call off of work. It was never my intention to inconvenience anyone... That said, I have been working my shifts ill, not to mention working without proper training on top of debilitating conditions. They aren't even aware that I've been their golden goose, that one employee that won't say no because they desperately need the job... that one employee who comes when called, takes on several shifts at once, and just ducks their head and takes the abuse from customers and management alike.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting vehement exasperation. I couldn't even show my face at my place of employment after going to the emergency room. I had my husband drop me off at Walgreens to fill my prescriptions so he could drop off my excuse and work release forms. I was made to feel so insignificant... and like a disposable resource.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)