Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

journaling...

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM
  • 15 Replies
does it help you cope?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM

yes, I actually do feel like it helps me. I'm able to get my thoughts out honestly

Mama2HCA
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM
thats what im thinking.i can just write it all down instead of bottling everything up inside. Im looking up journaling prompts to help me discover myself.im 20 and i feel like i really dont know my true self or purpose in life...maybe journaling will help

Quoting leahbeah143:

yes, I actually do feel like it helps me. I'm able to get my thoughts out honestly

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:11 PM

It did. But I felt too much typing (and I'd have to type) makes my husband wonder, so I don't do it so often.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM

good luck!

Quoting Mama2HCA:

thats what im thinking.i can just write it all down instead of bottling everything up inside. Im looking up journaling prompts to help me discover myself.im 20 and i feel like i really dont know my true self or purpose in life...maybe journaling will help

Quoting leahbeah143:

Pixiemaid
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:50 AM

it can help some people. i havent done it in a while but i used to.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Yes, I love to write and I feel a lot better getting everything off my chest. I will just let my pen go and start writing about all sorts of things.

sunshine1973127
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM

It helps me a lot. I subscribed to an online journall so that I can jot a quick note at work or put a long entry in at home. It helps me to clear my head and I feel like it is private and nobody else can read it.

JTMOM422
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Yes it does for me. I journal and then read it rip it up and throw it away. I write then let it go. I get the peace of mind getting it off my chest and the peace of mind letting it go. I also write poetry. I don't throw those out. One of the things I have found helpful is trying not to think you way through the writing process. Just let it flow freely. It may not make sense at first but once you go back and read it its like connect the dots. You will see how situations may interconnect. Writing is a powerful tool use it

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Not me. I listen to music. I am a music lover. Music has always help me cope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)