Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I don't think I remember how.

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello Everyone! My Name is Abbey and I have been dealing with depression for quite some time. However lately it has been real bad. I feel awful for my family (husband and 3 kids) but I just cannot help it. I want more than anything to be happy the way I used to be but I don't think I remember how. I feel worthless most of the time. I do not want to be a downer for anyone so I feel like most of the time I just go through the motions. What do I do. Someone please help.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried doing some of the things that used to make you happy?  Can you pinpoint when you started feeling bad and what the circumstances were?  I think therapy can be helpful for a lot of people. It helps me.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I would say try therapy, or maybe journaling? you'd have to try to get to the bottom of why you're feeling so down.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM

you might need to be on meds and in therapy. make an appt with a therapist and see if they refer you to a dr. get a hand on it before it gets a hand on you. good luck.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Taking medication might help you

sunshine1973127
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Hugs! I have found that writing in a journal helps. I also get rid of a lot of tension by working out. I just started therapy and I'm on wellbutrin. A good support system is important. You can do this. You just have to want to take the steps to help yourself. Your children deserve to have a healthy mom.

reindeer-c
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:04 AM

I know where you are at. I go though the motions eveyday like a robot. The other ladies are right. Taking time to recall things you enjoy might help. Hugs. I also have 3 boys and am a SAHM. I get so wrapped up in taking care of eveyone else that I do not take the time to heal myself. If you can take the time to get help through meds, therapy, or what ever else might help, please do. Depression sucks!!! Hugs

AELF
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Thank you all so much. I am on meds and I USED to journal. However I put that to the side because I am so busy with everything else. Maybe I need to just make time to do it. I appreciate your advice.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Just taking 10-15 minutes at night will help with journaling.  Don't think about what you want to write just put the pen on paper and go, even if it seems like you are writing nonsense.

Quoting AELF:

Thank you all so much. I am on meds and I USED to journal. However I put that to the side because I am so busy with everything else. Maybe I need to just make time to do it. I appreciate your advice.

rhodaj
by rho on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Welcome to the group. I am Rho. I know how you feel. I am like that a lot. But with my meds and theropy I have learned to be happy most of the time. I have found out that even talking to people her in the group has helped me a lot since I don't have a big support group at home. Also journaling how I am feeling has helped me a lot. I don't journal like I use to but I still do when I feel the need. Sometimes I even just journal on something one of my grandchildren has done and that sometimes makes me feel somewhat better

JansRainbow
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Hi and welcome to the group. This is a great group and we are here for you. I have major depression, anxiety disorder and PTSD. I know how you feel. I never been really happy. Even as a kid.  There were happy moments, but I don't know what it actually feels like. Keeping a journal is a great idea. Did that for many years, but have not kept it up. Support groups help too. Check into those. I don't have family support either. My friends are my family. Sending hugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)