Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

angry...dont know if this even makes sence

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 8 Replies

on 10/11/10 my nephew 19 at the time took his life. this has changed me in so many ways. my nephew and i were extremly close....i took care of him for many years while my sister battled some problems. when i was 14 he was around 4 and this is when i started taking care of him alot. the older he got the closer we got and the stronger our bond become. in his teens he stayed with me more times than not. i have been forever heartbroken since he left us. i dont know if this make sence but i hope it does to at least someone cause everyone looks at me funny when i say it...i forgave my nephew awhile ago for making this horriable choice but i still have very angry days with him. so many people dont understand how i can be angry but have found forgiveness. just venting i guess...thank you

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I understand. My best friend killed himself and I tried to get him help but he did it anyway.  I was mad at him, mad at myself, mad at his docs who didn't see it coming. I know now he is not suffering anymore.

firespurity
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM
My cousin who lived with us off and on my whole life died suddenly on Christmas last year. My mom says it's like losing one of year children. It was a similar situation, he was born while she was still young. She watched him as an infant. He stayed with her as a teen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:43 PM

i understand where you are coming from. i had a nephew that done basically the same thing. i did have some counseling over it. it might be a good idea for you to look into counseling. im so sorry for you.

angel_peanut
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:01 PM

i started therapy about 2 1/2-3 months ago. it seems like a slow process but is helping

Quoting lyrick24:

i understand where you are coming from. i had a nephew that done basically the same thing. i did have some counseling over it. it might be a good idea for you to look into counseling. im so sorry for you.

angel_peanut
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM

sounds alot like me and my nephew. i was 9 when he was born so i was with him all through his infant years and then when i was a young teen i took care of him and his siblings alot. his siblings and i never quit made the same bond as his brother got older he did his own thing and we were close for a little while then we grew apart. but my nephew that passed even as he got older he was with me all the time...when my sister couldnt handle him or when he couldnt handle my sister (lol) he came and stayed with me. i remember him making sure i met and approved of any girls lol. i dont know if i could compare it to loosing one of my own but it sure feels like it sometimes

Quoting firespurity:

My cousin who lived with us off and on my whole life died suddenly on Christmas last year. My mom says it's like losing one of year children. It was a similar situation, he was born while she was still young. She watched him as an infant. He stayed with her as a teen.

firespurity
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:33 PM
She still becomes sad when things remind her of him. I do to. That's something you can't replace. To her it's very tough. Very hard even a year later. My mother and I were the last ones to see him alive.

Quoting angel_peanut:

sounds alot like me and my nephew. i was 9 when he was born so i was with him all through his infant years and then when i was a young teen i took care of him and his siblings alot. his siblings and i never quit made the same bond as his brother got older he did his own thing and we were close for a little while then we grew apart. but my nephew that passed even as he got older he was with me all the time...when my sister couldnt handle him or when he couldnt handle my sister (lol) he came and stayed with me. i remember him making sure i met and approved of any girls lol. i dont know if i could compare it to loosing one of my own but it sure feels like it sometimes

Quoting firespurity:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I am sorry for your loss. But when you really forgive a person. You don't have angry towards the person anymore. How do you know when you have really forgiven someone? When you think about what the person did and you don't get angry about it anymore because it will just be a memory

angel_peanut
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM

i dont know if this will make sence but i am not angry towards him any longer at times i am angry wth the descion he made

Quoting Serenity7:

I am sorry for your loss. But when you really forgive a person. You don't have angry towards the person anymore. How do you know when you have really forgiven someone? When you think about what the person did and you don't get angry about it anymore because it will just be a memory

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)