Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

For the first time ever

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:42 AM
  • 9 Replies
I did not respond to my mother's text. I adore her, but damn, today I just didn't want to hear her " chipperness! I didn't want to answer the how's ds1? How's ds2? Most importantly how are you?
And then the " well, blah blah today and whatever story she tells me to try and make me laugh. Couldn't do it.
Hell, DH texts that he's on his way home to which I normally respond great! Or awesome! Or something. And I didn't.
Poor guy thought I was mad. Not mad, just zapped. More than usual.... And obviously sleep is effed. I went to bed before ten, should have slept through the night with meds, well apparently not.

I had to push myself through the litany of " how was your day ? " questions with ds1 .... A very important part of the day to reconnect. Ds2 ( tot) didn't want to go anywhere today.... Highly unsual and something I depend on in order to force me to get dressed and push energy level up a tad.
Just a rougher day in the midst of rough days.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cmissamy
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:55 AM

Hugs to you mommie. I hope you feel better soon.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:31 AM
1 mom liked this

im sorry your day wasnt that great. its ok to avoid people sometimes if youre just not feeling up to it. hope you have a better rest of the week.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:35 AM

hugs!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM

It's okay to do that once and a while.  I know when I am feeling depressed I don't want to answer questions or engage in small talk.  Just don't make it a habit.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM

good for you!

rhodaj
by rho on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I'm sorry hun that you are having such a rough day. I hope it gets better as the day goes along

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Thank you, girls.... I hope so, too. As of right now, I'm in my "cave" and don't plan on moving unless it's to the bed for a nap.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM

hugs                   group hug

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I have blown off calls from my mom too, sometimes her efforts to 'help' are just too grating to take.  You'll catch a break here & feel more energy at some point, hopefully soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN