Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I don't know why...

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:24 PM
  • 12 Replies
Sometimes I just don't know why or how I keep fighting so hard for everything. My daughter and my fiancé are the only reasons I do fight so hard. I just don't know how much more I can take. I don't even know how we are going to pay rent and utilities and keep food on the table this month let alone put gas in the car or pay our phone bill for my fiancé to get to and from work. I wish my family was still close by because I would give this up in a heart beat and stay with them long enough to get back on my feet. I had to quit my job because of issues with my pregnancy and now only my fiancé works but he barely makes enough to cover rent. We still owe $200 this month for rent and I don't know how we will pay it and they might try evicting us because of it. We couldn't buy groceries this week because of ren and having to pay the electric bill. I am down to a pack of chicken some bread eggs and milk and a few canned goods. I plan on going to the food bank tomorrow and hope to get help there. I just don't know how we are going to manage to keep everything going and put food on the tables and buy diapers. I am not bothering posting anon any more because I just don't care who knows how shitting things have gotten.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

hugs mama ~ there is no judging in this group, in fact a lot of us have probably been your same situation before, so don't ever feel like you have to post anonymously. I hope that the food bank is able to help you out!

lexismom90
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Thanks. I just know some can be very judgemental. Even some of my friends are being very judgemental over this.

Quoting leahbeah143:

hugs mama ~ there is no judging in this group, in fact a lot of us have probably been your same situation before, so don't ever feel like you have to post anonymously. I hope that the food bank is able to help you out!

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:12 AM

yes go to the food bank and the salvation army. can you apply for food stamps? social services can sometimes help you pay your rent and electricity bill. call 211 for your area and ask if there are programs that can help. good luck momma.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Apply for food stamps, wic and emergency housing through section 8 and your local housing authorities because you fall into the category of being what they call "rent burdened."

Its good that you are fighting. I know its hard but it shows you are a strong person.  Try to ignore the negativity, lots of people like to judge what they have no clue about.

Tracys2
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I'm sorry you arer in financial troubles you are in, but that is what food pantries are for. I hope you cna get help and be back on your feet soon.

lexismom90
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Sitting at DES for the second time this week to get it done since the first time was a waste of time. We shall shed what comes of it. Hopefully we will get them back.

Quoting lyrick24:

yes go to the food bank and the salvation army. can you apply for food stamps? social services can sometimes help you pay your rent and electricity bill. call 211 for your area and ask if there are programs that can help. good luck momma.

momsince04
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:39 AM
If you aren't married or working as hard as it may be for you apply for PA. There are so many woman that take advantage and don't need the help. I had to use for a few months because I was laid off. They do check your earnings, but if you have none, there is nothing to worry about. Noone has to know but you.
lexismom90
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Already on wic and just got done applying for food stamps today. We will see if they approve or deny that in a few weeks I can't figure out how to apply for section 8 or housing assistance here.

Quoting matreshka:

Apply for food stamps, wic and emergency housing through section 8 and your local housing authorities because you fall into the category of being what they call "rent burdened."

Its good that you are fighting. I know its hard but it shows you are a strong person.  Try to ignore the negativity, lots of people like to judge what they have no clue about.

JTMOM422
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I would apply for food stamp and WIC  if you child is under 5 i believe they give food meant for her. Also they will give you stuff while you are pregnant. There is nothing wrong with needing help. Call those offices ASAP. Go to the food pantry or see if a local church can help you with rent. Best of luck

twistandshout
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Have you tried to go to social services? Because you are with child they will help you all till you can get on your feet. Or at least guide you to some place you can get emergency help. How long have you been out of work? I do know that you may qualify for emergency foodstamps. That would be 200.00 dollars per family member I think. There is help out there for you just reach out. Also you may qualify for wic that will at least put milk, beans, cheese and peanutbutter in the house. It is going to be ok. Take care of yourself. Try what I told you and see what they can do to help you. What state are you in if you don't mind telling me. Good luck and remember you sure are not alone alot of peolpe are in hard times right now. Hugs group hug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN