Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

EFFIN ICE, ARGH!!!

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:22 AM
  • 8 Replies
Dammit. here in Oregon we finally got into the freezing temps and this morning when I was driving my 8 yr old son to school, the roads were covered in ice and we were slip sliding even though I have studded tires. Scared the shit outta me! But on our way out the door, we have 4 steps leading down to the driveway. My poor son went thunk, thunk, thunk down them on his butt, they too were icy but you couldnt even see it. He was fine, just in shock. Then a few hours later I was bringing laundry down to the basement and I ate shit on the same steps! Fml! I think at 40 it hurts way more. My arm is a little scraped and I have a huge ugly purple bruise on the right side of my lower back and a golfball knot on my right butt cheek, oy :-( Im in so much pain :-( I tell you, I cussed out those stairs, called them every damn name in the book, even some cuss words I dont normally use lol. Effin icy stairs! Ugh! Ok, thank you, vent over lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:25 AM

im so sorry things didnt go well for you. avoid going down those steps as much as possible or get some of that ice melt in a bag and leave it there so you can put it on your steps when they get icy. i hope your son is ok and your arm heals quickly. be careful!

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you mama :-) I called hubby shortly after to rant and cuss some more, lol. he ended up going to walmart and got a 40 lb bag of rock salt for a buck fifty! The landlords son lives next door and over the summer he made us new steps, put them in and painted them, but he didnt put down that anti slip stuff that we used to have. Then he went to jail for like 60 days and during that time my hubby slid down those stairs on his butt on the way to work. When the dude got outta jail, hubby told him we need that stuff put on the steps, even though with that weve still all ate shit in previous winters. The guy said no prob, but hes not high anymore so now he doesnt do crap around here. I told dh to get the stuff from landlord an I will nail the damn stuff down, AND use the rock salt! I feel like going next door and whippin my pants down and showin this dude my ass and my back! Argh! We will get it fixed though, just hopefully before dh or I bust a hip lol! Im from Ca. Not used to the ice yet!

Quoting lyrick24:

im so sorry things didnt go well for you. avoid going down those steps as much as possible or get some of that ice melt in a bag and leave it there so you can put it on your steps when they get icy. i hope your son is ok and your arm heals quickly. be careful!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:48 AM

(((hugs)) Rest and use some ibuprofen.  Our driveway is a block of ice so I feel your pain.

Tracys2
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Ow ow ow! Hope you feel better soon. All the ideas about melting that ice ASAP and checking for it whenever morning temps are low are great.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I know how you feel!! I really need to invest in some de-icer or rock salt for our steps and driveway. It was 25 degrees this morning and slick as hell! Thankfully the sun is out today and hopefully melting some of this mess off, but until then I have anxiety about driving anywhere :-/ Every year I get closer and closer to moving somewhere that I never have to see snow again.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:29 PM

It is so unseasonably warm here. We are running the a/c. Sorry you got bruised up..get some rest..

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Wow! Where on earth do you live? Youre lucky, its like 11:30 am here and its 26 degrees right outside our front door. The nice weather is really the only thing I miss about living in San Diego.

Quoting gonecrazi:

It is so unseasonably warm here. We are running the a/c. Sorry you got bruised up..get some rest..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reindeer-c
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:13 AM

I hope you are ok. After a fall it seems like it feels worse the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN