Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

How are you? 1/12/2013

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:52 AM
  • 28 Replies

How are you doing today? Is there anything you need to discuss?

So sorry for missing the past couple of days. My computer is down---I'm on my husband's.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tracys2
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Glad you are OK. I was starting to worry!

proudmomalexis
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Im doing okay.Two years ago yesterday my grandma passed away.I survived it pretty good.My bff came over to moms. We lit a candle for gram.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM

ell, I am still hurt about finding the ex's necklace in my DH's drawer. i want to move on from it put the pain is there.  We are actively potty training and LO wants to go commando fully.  I wish he would put jammy pants or something on, he is refusing his diaper so i guess I got to get big kid undies.

Lo also had a cold, the same cold that has been passed through all my family locally, in-laws, my older son and his father and fathers's fiancee and DH and my parents already.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I think that lighting candles for those who have passed is a great ritual.  I am glad you got through it okay and your bff was there to support you.

Quoting proudmomalexis:

Im doing okay.Two years ago yesterday my grandma passed away.I survived it pretty good.My bff came over to moms. We lit a candle for gram.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM

What's wrong with your computer? I know a few things but I am not tech wizard.

quietmomma
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I am doing just OK today.  This time of year has always been especially difficult for me.  I have emetophobia (extreme fear of vomiting, or someone else vomiting) which stems from a childhood incident, so this time of year with all the sicknesses around is just torture for me.  I am constantly afraid of one of my kids getting a stomach virus, and then of course passing it on to me.  I live with this constant fear day in and day out right now.  I have tried sooooo hard over the years to rid myself of this fear without success.  My psychiatrist told me that phobias are especially difficult because they are often so deep rooted in our brains.  I have been to different counselors--tried EMDR therapy, exposure therapy, congnitive-behavioral therapy, you name it--still have this irrational fear which haunts me all the time.  I hate, hate, hate that this is part of my life, part of who I am.  I often wonder what made me think I could be a mom when I have this fear.  I anyone has any advice or words of wisdom about this subject please feel free to offer it to me.  I can't imagine being this way forever.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:34 AM

i am doing pretty good. got a little irritated this morning but now i am fine. talked to my husband some. cant wait to go be with him. i think i will feel alot better.

shesliketx
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Glad you're okay, I was getting worried!

And I'm doing ok. Got all set up for my spring semester that begins on Monday. I am cleaning today, doing tons of laundry and what not....the house is driving me nuts. I've been taking my celexa about 2 weeks and I am a very pleasant person lately :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JansRainbow
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I am doing good. Finally had  a good night sleep. Did laundry.They are raising the amount for dyer. Got that done before they increased the price. Going grocery shopping this morning with friend, Very cold here today. Like the idea of lighting  a candle. Hope rest of day goes well.

momma1708
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I am doing well, exhausted from DS's birthday party. It was a great day though! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN