Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uh *****update on pg 2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Hey! It's been awhile since I've come on here, but this time I'll be anon, you'll see why.

A little background is right before Christmas my ex called the police to make a police report on me about our son. Because my son was involved DCS is now investigating the case. My ex is an abusive person. He's also off all his meds. He's making threats to me and his parents about what all he's going to do. Going for custody of my son, lying to DCS about the last time they were involved and so much more. I can't help but think how the heck can someone do that? I've not had contact with him nor would I want to. Right after Christmas he moved for the second time to Georiga. On Tuesday we have court and he's testifying against me. I can't sleep or eat. I'm a mess. All I do is cry nonstop trying to figure it out and make sense of it all. How can I tolerate this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:08 AM

just go in there and tell the truth. they will probably be able to see through him. best of luck to you!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM

DCF is involved with me because of my suicide attempt.  I know that these agencies vary widely from state to state on how helpful they are.  Our case is actually being closed next month because I was upfront about everything.

I gave them access to talk to my therapist and did everything they told me to do, like get enrolled in DBT.

I am sorry your ex did all this, if cou can get any documentation you can to fully show DCS the whole pic.  If your ex spends time with your son he will be investigated too, if he is hesitant to work with them they will see the issues, plus they have access to get police records and other things without his consent.

Try to look at having the worker be an ally to you in getting help and working out this ex situation.

I know its hard, it devestated me when DCF came into out lives but it turned out to help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM
They had me sign releases for my therapist and my sons doctors. They've called my family to get questions answered. His parents are fighting for me, because they know everything he's done. I'm being court ordered to do a psych eval, ongoing case management and therapy more than once a month. As far as I know they are recommeding my son stays with me but it could change on Tuesday.

Quoting matreshka:

DCF is involved with me because of my suicide attempt.  I know that these agencies vary widely from state to state on how helpful they are.  Our case is actually being closed next month because I was upfront about everything.

I gave them access to talk to my therapist and did everything they told me to do, like get enrolled in DBT.

I am sorry your ex did all this, if cou can get any documentation you can to fully show DCS the whole pic.  If your ex spends time with your son he will be investigated too, if he is hesitant to work with them they will see the issues, plus they have access to get police records and other things without his consent.

Try to look at having the worker be an ally to you in getting help and working out this ex situation.

I know its hard, it devestated me when DCF came into out lives but it turned out to help.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I know how nervewracking it could be, owr worker explained every worst case scenario and it had me freaking out but after 4 months they siad I was getting help, stabilizing, and doing what they wanted me to do so they are closing the case.  its good his parents are on your side, that is a big plus and if they can have them come over for the next meeting.

Quoting Anonymous:

They had me sign releases for my therapist and my sons doctors. They've called my family to get questions answered. His parents are fighting for me, because they know everything he's done. I'm being court ordered to do a psych eval, ongoing case management and therapy more than once a month. As far as I know they are recommeding my son stays with me but it could change on Tuesday.

Quoting matreshka:

icn_mom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Dont let him or anyone intimidate you! Just go in there with your head held high and be honest. The truth is more blunt and easily explained than his lies. Just try to breath, mama! (do you have any police reports on HIM for the abuse? if so id bring those with you for back up!!!)

anotherandree
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Like everyone else has said (and I will too), I know this is making you crazy, but they are used to hearing liars so you go in there and tell them the TRUTH!  They will see 100% through all your ex's bull.  Good Luck!  (And update if you want when you get done, we would love to hear how you are doing!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Yes there are like 4 or 5. I'm just hoping for the best at this point. Thanks for the advice and yes I'll be bringing them.

Quoting icn_mom:

Dont let him or anyone intimidate you! Just go in there with your head held high and be honest. The truth is more blunt and easily explained than his lies. Just try to breath, mama! (do you have any police reports on HIM for the abuse? if so id bring those with you for back up!!!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I'll update Tuesday night or Wednesday morning when I get the chance. If I'm too angry Tuesday I may wait until Wednesday. I have family that will back me up too if needed. Im not worried about it as much but it makes my skin crawl just that anyone would do that.

Quoting anotherandree:

Like everyone else has said (and I will too), I know this is making you crazy, but they are used to hearing liars so you go in there and tell them the TRUTH!  They will see 100% through all your ex's bull.  Good Luck!  (And update if you want when you get done, we would love to hear how you are doing!)

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:43 PM

You just deal with it. It is hard to have children services in your life. (((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))

nai_ryoku
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome that his parents are on your side. I think that will help your case a lot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)