Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have decided

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:35 PM
  • 9 Replies
I havedecidedI decided to ask my ob on Tuesday at my normal check up about doing a c-section. I have been having really bad anxiety attacks and worrying about every thing this pregnancy. I dont have anyone that could watch my little one if I went into labor in the middle of the night and there is only 1 person that can watch her for me other the. My df and I have to give prior warning because she works. With the c-section I would be able to arrange to have someone watch her while I am in the hospital. Also with the c-section I would know for sure when baby would be here and could actually have everything fully ready for him and could plan a budget better. And I could try to arrange for my sister,mom and friends to come by and helps out when we first get home. I have always been one for needing things to be planed out at least mostly in order for me to fully cope and be able to handle the unexpected. With my daughter I had her naturally but at the time I was in the same town with all my family and had my family and fiancé right there. Plus she was he first so I didn't have to worry about having someone watch another while I was in the hospital. This time is totally different and I have been having a very hard time dealing with it all. I just needed to get this all out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Your body, your choice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I was scared about this as well! I wish there were a better way, but I agree sometimes it's really tough to have any childcare

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Your choice

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:00 AM
1 mom liked this
csections are harder on the body, ive had 2 and not by choice, and take alot longer to heal from. instead of a cs maybe see about doing an induction. since youve already had a child your body already knows what its supposed to do. either way its up to you and your doctor. good luck with everything
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:18 AM

best of luck!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

You do what you think is right, but please research stories about c-sections (((Hugs)))

elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Just be sure you are 100% sure about your choice. I've done both and c-sections are much more difficult to recover from. And for me, the anxiety about surgery, especially while awake was terrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I agree that induction may be a better option, but remember, scheduling an induction or c-section doesn't mean you won't go into labor in your own anyway. I did.

Quoting Anonymous:

csections are harder on the body, ive had 2 and not by choice, and take alot longer to heal from. instead of a cs maybe see about doing an induction. since youve already had a child your body already knows what its supposed to do. either way its up to you and your doctor. good luck with everything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:56 PM

hugs mama! I hope they can work with you on setting a date!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)