Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

How are you? 1/13/2013

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:00 AM
  • 12 Replies

How are you doing today? Is there anything you need to talk about?

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:42 AM

I am doing good

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:57 AM

So far so good. I am opening up my etsy shop and will be listing my handmade jewelery, soap and art soon.  its a lot of work when a 2 year old is involved lol.

its raising my self esteem to be doing this :)

Letha
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I've been doing ok! I just got over a stomach virus! It put me down for 3 days! My anixity has been bad lately and I'm suppose to take my anixity meds 3x's daily but if I do I sleep then I never get anything done!

I'm glad my Df family lefted! They were here for a wk! They pretty much ate everything in the house so I had to go grocery shopping! Even though I was deathly sick!

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Today I'm having a day "off". No work at church. I don't even have to lead the children's council meetings any more. 

The weird thing was, I was reading/thinking/writing about self-identifying cognitive bias last night, basically this is what I do when I hear negative things I believe them about myself, and when I hear positive things, I think someone is taking pity or trying to be nice, which perpetuates my mental view of myself. This is almost exactly what came up in the sermon. I laughed to myself! I didn't believe her though, I could poke holes in her arguments, the best I could say is "maybe that's true and maybe there is hope, but maybe I am just really annoying and nobody ever will like me, and nobody can prove that's untrue, because it sure has been true no matter how happy and healthy I have been, for the past 33 years or so."

(My CBT book and I are having a similar argument, based on his limited talk about why this sort of thinking is wrong. I agree that I COULD be wrong, but assert that evidence to date tends to show that I'm right, even when the bias is removed)

I want someone to convince me I'm wrong, but am beginning to think this is the best they can do.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Getting excited schools starts for me tomorrow..

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:44 PM

i have been having crying episodes today. i dont know whether its where i miss my husband of if its that i need a change in meds. i feel like i need to talk to my dr about it. i have an appt on the 24th of this month.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Quoting matreshka:

So far so good. I am opening up my etsy shop and will be listing my handmade jewelery, soap and art soon.  its a lot of work when a 2 year old is involved lol.

that's awesome! Will you share with us your etsy shop when you get it set up? I love handmade jewelry!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I'm annoyed with my truck and the cold weather gives me anxiety, but otherwise good :-)

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:48 PM

When it goes live I will, ididn't know it was so involved, but I guess that's a good thing.  Also very hard to do with a DH and a 2 yr old who need your constant attention.  If you like jewelery, soap and maybe some other things I make (like collage coasters) I can make special orders and will give friends discounts.

Quoting leahbeah143:

Quoting matreshka:

that's awesome! Will you share with us your etsy shop when you get it set up? I love handmade jewelry!

JansRainbow
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I am having a really good day. It is my birthday today. I am 55. My neighbor gave me a party and invited other neighbors. Had cake and ice cream. Tonight I am going to another neighbor, a very good friend and have pizza and watch a DVD. If I stayed at the house and did not move to the apartment, I would of been alone. I am happy where  I am living, Buddy and I are doing fine here..  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)