Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Sleep anyone......???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I have a strict rule in my house. If I am SSLLEEEEPP!!!!!!!!!! Leave me alone. There is milk and certain foods that doesn't need heat for you to eat. I have insomnia and by the time I fall asleep or even get 1-2 hours total it's time to wake up. Does anyone else have a problem with this situation or is it just me? If they would stop constantly waking me up I wouldn't be such a bitch throughout the day!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CaseyInKS
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM

How old are "they"?  Are they old enough to understand fully your problem with sleep?   Don't expect people to read your mind, lay it on the line what your problem is and what you need from them and see what happens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Quoting CaseyInKS:

How old are "they"?  Are they old enough to understand fully your problem with sleep?   Don't expect people to read your mind, lay it on the line what your problem is and what you need from them and see what happens.

YES EVERYBODY KNOWS THE RULES OF ME SLEEPING!!!!! IF THERE IS ANOTHER ADULT IN THE HOUSE WHY DO YOU KEEP WAKING ME UP. THEY ARE 7,8,12 SO WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. IT'S NOT FOR ANYBODY TO READ MY MIND IF THE INFO IS ALREADY KNOWN IN MY HOUSE.
CaseyInKS
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CaseyInKS:

YES EVERYBODY KNOWS THE RULES OF ME SLEEPING!!!!! IF THERE IS ANOTHER ADULT IN THE HOUSE WHY DO YOU KEEP WAKING ME UP. THEY ARE 7,8,12 SO WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. IT'S NOT FOR ANYBODY TO READ MY MIND IF THE INFO IS ALREADY KNOWN IN MY HOUSE.

You sound really angry.  Why are you attacking me for my sincere questions in an effort to HELP you.   I can't help nor can anyone else unless they understand the facts and I can't read your mind either.   If you are as closed-off with "them" as you are with me they may well feel lost and afraid of your hostility.

It is what it is.  Trying to find out what "it is" in an effort to help should not result in an attack for not understanding.

Which makes me repeat what seems to have angered you so much.  DON'T expect people to read your mind.   It's narcissitic to think that anyone can or should.

Normally ALL CAPS isn't a problem for me, I've done it myself when I'm too tired/lazy to wanna use the shift key and I hate how everyone just automatically says you are yelling because of it, but obviously in this case you ARE yelling at me, which frankly doesn't engender any sympathy or empathy from me.

I could treat you/respond to you like you are a baby and say things like "oh those meanies, how dare they" or "poor baby" but that wouldn't really help.   Do you want "poor baby" responses or do you want help/insight.  Maybe that is all you want is someone to join in your outrage that you aren't the center of their world and might deserve a few clues before they can help you.

elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:40 PM
We didn't already know that. It was an honest, fair question.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CaseyInKS:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Quoting CaseyInKS:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CaseyInKS:

You sound really angry.  Why are you attacking me for my sincere questions in an effort to HELP you.   I can't help nor can anyone else unless they understand the facts and I can't read your mind either.   If you are as closed-off with "them" as you are with me they may well feel lost and afraid of your hostility.

It is what it is.  Trying to find out what "it is" in an effort to help should not result in an attack for not understanding.

Which makes me repeat what seems to have angered you so much.  DON'T expect people to read your mind.   It's narcissitic to think that anyone can or should.

Normally ALL CAPS isn't a problem for me, I've done it myself when I'm too tired/lazy to wanna use the shift key and I hate how everyone just automatically says you are yelling because of it, but obviously in this case you ARE yelling at me, which frankly doesn't engender any sympathy or empathy from me.

I could treat you/respond to you like you are a baby and say things like "oh those meanies, how dare they" or "poor baby" but that wouldn't really help.   Do you want "poor baby" responses or do you want help/insight.  Maybe that is all you want is someone to join in your outrage that you aren't the center of their world and might deserve a few clues before they can help you.

Didn't mean for the all caps to sound so bitchy. I just started typing to vent and just kept going. Maybe if I italicized it it should've hopefully sounded more as an exspression, not meant to be a A**wipe about it. Sorry ladies that is not what the emtion of the post was. In the motion of typing, and constantly moving around this morning everything rolled into one, and some things were out of sight out of mind. That's how tired I am.
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:20 PM

My 10 y/o doesn't like to be up by himself so he wakes me up very early on the weekends. Like 6:30 am.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:46 PM

my grandkids live with me and they wake me up all the time. but i usually have went to bed so early that is doesnt bother me.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:53 PM

people in my house do leave me alone, but I have trouble sleeping anyways. No matter what time I go to bed I wake up around 6 am, and usually one or two times in the night. I hate it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Quoting leahbeah143:

people in my house do leave me alone, but I have trouble sleeping anyways. No matter what time I go to bed I wake up around 6 am, and usually one or two times in the night. I hate it!

that's what happens to me. I don't like taking sleep meds because it is just me and the kids. I'm about survival. I try to teach them the small things to do. I also have a physical health problem and they know that if I can't do much when I', down than it has to be the mom in me to teach them how to survive. if I can't do anything at all. So maybe that's where some of the frustration came from. They know what they can do. And I didn't mean that they couldn't wake me up IF they really needed me. But not every 5-10 min. because they can't agree with each other.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting leahbeah143:

that's what happens to me. I don't like taking sleep meds because it is just me and the kids. I'm about survival. I try to teach them the small things to do. I also have a physical health problem and they know that if I can't do much when I', down than it has to be the mom in me to teach them how to survive. if I can't do anything at all. So maybe that's where some of the frustration came from. They know what they can do. And I didn't mean that they couldn't wake me up IF they really needed me. But not every 5-10 min. because they can't agree with each other.

thankfully my dd is 13, so she can entertain herself for the most part, and if I let her, she will sleep all day long lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)