Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had an ectopic now I don't feel like the old me anymore.........

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
I had an ectopic pregnancy on October 21, 2012. We had been trying for three years and I have pcos. Well October 3rd I got a positive test and I super excited but I was bleeding so I went to the ER. They could not find the baby said maybe I was only 2 weeks ( I didn't see how that was possible) so I just waited and made an appointment for when I was further along my appt was November 5. October 21 was a normal day and I was fine all day. On the drive home I start to have abdominal pain and it got worse. I went to ER and they wouldn't do ultrasound told me I had gas even though I was passing out by this time due to pain. So I went home I was home for an hour and became unconscious and my husband called the ambulance. They admitted me and finally 12 hours later did a ultrasound. They were waiting for the doctor and would not tell me anything so I knew there was something wrong. The dr came in and told me my tube ruptured and I was bleeding internally and needed to be rushed to surgery i lost 3 pints of blood. Surgery went fine but its been almost 3 months and I just feel like my body is not back to normal and have has issues with breathing since day one they've done tests and have said I am having anxiety. Which I can understand I replay that whole two weeks I knew I was pregnant to the night I lost my baby. My drive home every day from work reminds me, my bedroom where I sat in pain waiting for the ambulance the first time reminds me. My chest hurts everyday and I can barley doing anything I use to because of the breathing and pain in that area. Idk if all the pains and aches im just worrying over and freaking myself out because I almost died I don't know what to do. I can honestly say I have held it all in I tell everyone in fine but I'm not. I have a 4 year old and feel like I'm not being the mom I use to be because of everything going on since the loss. Has anyone had this bad of anxiety and how did you overcome it? I need help with it....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PlaysAllDay
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I have chronic anxiety. I have meds for them but to be honest i'm too scared of the side effects to take them. I would sit on my kitchen floor and have a full blown panic attack trying to force myself to take them. Living in a state of constant anxiety sucks. Anything can set me off for no reason. I had myself convinced I was going to have a heart attack and die even though I had a EKG done. I was so bad over the summer I wouldn't leave my house in fear of my neighbors seeing me. Exercising helps a lot, so does meditation. My anxiety went wacko after I almost died from pneumonia. It just kept getting worse and worse, then consumed my life, finally DH made me seek a counselor who was willing to work with me instead of medicating me. Get active, get a hobby, relax, let yourself think about what happened and deal with it. When it gets bad remove yourself from the situation abs think about it reassure yourself everything is ok.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM

You may need meds to help out. See your doctor and tell him. You may also need a therapist.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Im sorry mama :-( I struggled with infertility for years, finally had my 2 boys with 1 miscarraige inbetween. Im thinking major anxiety and some depression and maybe even some PTSD from such a scary event happening to you. First off, you HAVE to let your feelings out. We are all here for you, but some at least short term counseling would be great, preferably with a woman who works with clients that have gone through something similiar. Antianxiety meds can be great too, you can start on a low dose if youre afraid of getting that zombified feeling, they dont all cause that. Maybe change your route home from work a little if you can, maybe redo a little something in your bedroom, buy some pretty throw pillows for your bed, or maybe a pretty new bedspread, hang up some new pics or posters. Idk, just some ideas. But I think until you stop hiding the pain and start talking about your loss and the hell you went through, its gonna keep haunting you mama. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM

have you thought about seeing a therapist? i think that would be a good idea for you. im so sorry about what happened. hugs!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I do not have PCOs but I had an ectopic, it was really hard.  it was an unplanned pregnancy with a long term bf.  About 9 years later I got pregnant againand now I have 2 healthy boys.

What do they recommed you do for the PCOS? My friend has it and its awful.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I have chronic anxiety. I use a combination of meds and relaxation techiques. i still have anxiety and panic attacks but I am learning to control them.  the biggest thing is to practice stopping worrying about having them, live in the moment.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:16 PM

(((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))

icn_mom
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:20 AM

To me it sounds like some type of grief/ptsd therapy is in order. What you went through can be very traumatizing!!! I am very sorry to hear for your loss.

Proud-mommyof1
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Thank you for all your replies. I truly appreciate it. It has been 9 months now and I am still having the same issues and it is causing strain with everything in my life. I tried one therapist but I didn't really think it was the right therapist for me in a way. So after having severe constant anxiety I have an appointment in here in little less than two weeks for an evaluation and then they will set me up with the proper therapist for my situation. I really hope this is it because I can't live like this. It has taken over and I have no life now :(. Thank you again for replying to my message I will update again
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)