Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

a really bad day

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 16 Replies

I need to run away.. I need a one woman vacation! my anxiety has been getting the best of me and I just dont know what to do. I feel like I want to isolate away from everyone, husband and daughter included. I dont know what the hell is wrong with me!!! My daughter is my world but I find myself wanting to be away from her some days :( She pushes my buttons to point where its either scream or cry, and I really cant do either so i find myself imploding.. I am so exhausted.. there are so many triggers around me, one being a messy house.. i cant take the clutter of stuff being everywhere and no matter how much i clean its never clean enough :( ugh I really hate days like this :(

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs! I've been feeling a little like that the last few days, I just want to hide under the covers. I hope the feeling goes away for both of us soon!

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:21 PM

im sorry youre having a bad day. can you learn to just look over the mess on days like this? we are all allowed to have a down day. maybe your dh will take your daughter somewhere for a while  so you can get yourself together. or maybe you want to go somewhere for a while. allow yourself some me time.

icn_mom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Quoting lyrick24:

im sorry youre having a bad day. can you learn to just look over the mess on days like this? we are all allowed to have a down day. maybe your dh will take your daughter somewhere for a while  so you can get yourself together. or maybe you want to go somewhere for a while. allow yourself some me time.

We spent the day together doing fun things, and the day seemed pretty good. then towards the end of the day my daughter started her routine meltdowns screaming her head off, then the mess started to pile up and I just lost it.. my hold body curled up in itself then imploded.. I wanted to cry so bad like sob and scream but i knew that wouldnt be productive.. I cannot look over a mess, that is part of my anxiety. im not OCD or anything but a mess triggers really bad things for me stemming from my PTSD. Its hard when it happens because nobody can seem to say anything right or I feel like i need to attack them its horrible. once my daughter is assigned to a therapist i really think i need to get myself one..

RHayden25
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I know the feeling. Clutter makes me feel like I am suffocating, but then I start to clean and go overboard with it. Then I get short with the kids and then angry at myself. Vicious cycle. I wish I could just collect myself, take and breath and not let it get to me so bad. 

icn_mom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Quoting RHayden25:

I know the feeling. Clutter makes me feel like I am suffocating, but then I start to clean and go overboard with it. Then I get short with the kids and then angry at myself. Vicious cycle. I wish I could just collect myself, take and breath and not let it get to me so bad. 

i just couldnt get a grip today, it was a horrible feeling, I havent been like this in a very long time!! I got so overwhelmed with this house that I told my dd that if she didnt pick up her stuff it was all getting thrown away.. i gave her ten minutes, that was it.. and wouldnt you believe the child ACTUALLY picked up her stuff????? (she NEVER picks stuff up when asked).. seeing her do this started to somewhat calm me down, but not after a complete implosion ( i sat in the bathroom almost hyperventilating!!! yeah sounds crazy i know) the house is fairly well in order now, and I feel like a complete fool I really do.. its so draining... :( but im glad to know im not the only one that does this!!!!

mhoelzer2988
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:08 AM
U sound like me. I especially get like this right before my time of the month. Everything literally everything gets on my nerves! It's normal. U have a lot of stuff on you your a mom and a wife. It can be more overwhelming and exhausting than a paying job sometimes. I have a six year old son and a three year old son who are very active and my six year old is exactly like me which isn't good because were both high strung. We have tempers and a short fuse so he knows exactly how to push my buttons. It might be good for u to get away even if its just for a few hours if u can. I've done it and it helped.

Quoting icn_mom:

I need to run away.. I need a one woman vacation! my anxiety has been getting the best of me and I just dont know what to do. I feel like I want to isolate away from everyone, husband and daughter included. I dont know what the hell is wrong with me!!! My daughter is my world but I find myself wanting to be away from her some days :( She pushes my buttons to point where its either scream or cry, and I really cant do either so i find myself imploding.. I am so exhausted.. there are so many triggers around me, one being a messy house.. i cant take the clutter of stuff being everywhere and no matter how much i clean its never clean enough :( ugh I really hate days like this :(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Blackroses137
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I know exactly how you've been feeling. You definetely are not alone. I've felt like I needed to get away from it all many times before too, boyfriend and daughter included. I love them both more than anything, but sometimes they both stress me out to no end. It makes me mad that I feel that way too. It's amazing how what you're saying, sounds so familiar. I love my life, but sometimes I become so depressed and stressed out by it all. I've been seeing a therapist and I take anti-depressants, and they help for the most part. I think, talking about the things that bother and upset you will help you feel better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I feel like this some days too. its impossible for me to get away so I go up to the bedroom and put my headphones on listen to music and read. it helps.  You are going through a lot right now so its no wonder you are at your breaking point.

icn_mom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Quoting Blackroses137:

I know exactly how you've been feeling. You definetely are not alone. I've felt like I needed to get away from it all many times before too, boyfriend and daughter included. I love them both more than anything, but sometimes they both stress me out to no end. It makes me mad that I feel that way too. It's amazing how what you're saying, sounds so familiar. I love my life, but sometimes I become so depressed and stressed out by it all. I've been seeing a therapist and I take anti-depressants, and they help for the most part. I think, talking about the things that bother and upset you will help you feel better.

I used to go to therapy, but the therapist wasnt in network for my isnurance so i had to pay out of pocket.. it did seem to help though i left many times in tears. i just dont know where these feelings are coming from and it scares me more than anything. Its like i look at my life and I really have no reason to feel this way, life could be so much worse, but its like i cant help it.. thankfully coming on here and venting does help some, and today im much more relaxed!

icn_mom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting matreshka:

I feel like this some days too. its impossible for me to get away so I go up to the bedroom and put my headphones on listen to music and read. it helps.  You are going through a lot right now so its no wonder you are at your breaking point.

I wish my daughter would let me do that! lol... I cant even pee in private haha.. I just need to remind myself that this wont last forever, and that tomorrow is always another today.. so far today im feeling pretty decent, im hoping it stays this way :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)