Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Signs of depression & what to do about it?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM
  • 4 Replies

I have beed feeling absolutly crappy lately. I thought it might have been because of my TOM but that has come and gone and STILL i feel horrible I'll break down crying for no reason, Im impatient with my kids, I dont have the motivation to half way take care of my house. I'm upset at my Husband and he does NOTHING, I don't know whats going on with me. I'm always either upset or sad. Things are really tough financially but this isn't the first time that we have been here, but I just feel down ALL THE TIME and I cna't seem to get myself out of this emotional RUT, are these signs of depression and how do I handle it ( I dont have medical nor can i afford it)

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
matreshka
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Have you tried looking for a depression support group, they are usually free. look up nami.org or dbsa.org or even call your local mental health center and they can tell you where the free support groups are.

Also I've found cognitive behavioral workbooks helpful, they are around $20 and you can get them on amazon.  they have readings and activities to do.

JennieCarlson
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Take heart, everyone feels this way at some point in life.  Look inside and really ask if it's just a phase or 'depression'?  You're heart will know!  This time of year a lot of people get SAD (seasonal affective depression/disorder) I know I do.  Bad news, it sucks, good news, it passes and there's things you can do to alleviate it.  I don't know the rules about posting blog links but I did a blog about it and I work with moms with depression.  So let me know if you'd like the link or some extra help from someone who's been there :-)  Blessings!

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM

it sounds like depression., it may even be situational. dial 211 for your area and see if they have something like a mental health clinic with the payments based on your income. most places have something like that although it does take you some time to get into.

THall03
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Quoting JennieCarlson:

Take heart, everyone feels this way at some point in life.  Look inside and really ask if it's just a phase or 'depression'?  You're heart will know!  This time of year a lot of people get SAD (seasonal affective depression/disorder) I know I do.  Bad news, it sucks, good news, it passes and there's things you can do to alleviate it.  I don't know the rules about posting blog links but I did a blog about it and I work with moms with depression.  So let me know if you'd like the link or some extra help from someone who's been there :-)  Blessings!

It would be great if you could email me the link, I really want to beat this thing, I have dealt with it for a LONG time now but I am noticing that it is starting to get worse, and I am not able to control it as well as I used too. 2010 is when it started getting bad when my Panic attacks started, and I was hospitalized, just yesterday I went jogging and literally had to fight off a panic attack again, I just want to get a handle on this and have a normal life. I know I am happy but I can't bring myself to feel that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)