Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depressed after the wedding

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

My husband and I were just married on the 5th of this month. We had a very small, private, ceremony and I have absolutely no regrets about any part of it, I'm so depressed. I was a wreck the day after and it was terrible because wasn't that supposed to be one of the best experiences of my life. I love him dearly and his two children-I don't know what's wrong with me.

The only thing I can gather is that it's over. The doting over (bride to be) and all the planning is finished. Now it's just back to reality. I'm so glad we didn't have a big wedding because all the little details, extra money, and everything else would have been over just as fast. I'm happy with how we did it. 

I feel so bad for my husband, I've told him all if this in hopes he'd understand-which he does-but I'm sure he's ready for me to snap out of it. I'm having a hard time focusing on the positive right now. All I want to do it sleep, isolate, and cry. Is this normal and what should I do?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Tracys2
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't honestly know everyone's experience, but I find I'm always let down for a while after a big event. I do know it's very common to feel scared, regretful or let down (with the husband) after a wedding, just because it's such a huge, scary step.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly? Start on your hand written thank you notes. But frames and display your pictures. Set up another family portrait ( informal) with ALL the children you two now have. Make the memories " real".... Hanging on your walls, gift cards spent,every thing placed in your "new home" because it is new.... You are new. You still have alot to do.... DL name change, SS. Name Change.

Good luck, the wedding is incredibly special.... But the marriage is what is supposed to last. And congrats.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Congrats on your wedding

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM

sounds like you are suffering from depression. it may or may not be because the wedding is over. i would encourage you to make an appt with a therapist and go from there. good luck to you.

elwalters77
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:00 PM

You had a lot of build up and now are feeling the let down. It is perfectly normal. Perhaps it would help to talk your feeling out with a therapist. Congrats on your marriage, by the way.

rhodaj
by rho on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I'm sorry you are feeling like this. You could be overwhelmed now that it is over. Everything that you was doing for the wedding has finally caught up with you. Planning a wedding is very stressful. 

rhodaj
by rho on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I also wanted to say welcome to the group.

matreshka
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I think many women go through this.  The preperation and wedding day is so magical, then real life sets in and we realize the honeymoon period is shorter than we anticipated. I went through something similar but it went a way quck once I focused on the fact I di dmarry my wonderful husband and we were building a life together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)