Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im having a rough time.

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

my depression is getting bad again and i think its not the fact that my husband is gone. i think one of my antidepressants is not working anymore. i have crying spells all the time. i am bipolar type II. i have an appt with my p-doc. on the 24th of this month but i hate to tell her i am feeling depressed because she will want to change my meds and i dont want to go through another new med and the possible side effects and whether it will work or not.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Im sorry your depression is getting bad. Med changes suck but its better than being on meds that are no longer working. Hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I totally know how you feel about switching meds, but from here it seems you have been low for a long time, and I'd like you to feel like yourself again!

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:19 PM

thank you ladies. you both make good points.

ashleighmama
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Oh, I get the part about not wanting to go through the whole process of changing meds, finding the right dose, hoping it works for you and that you don't get any bad side effects from it. There's so many IFs. I have had times where I was on a certain cocktail of meds for quite a while and all was good, I was pretty stable, and then it seems like it just happens, you wake up one morning and it seems like the meds have all of a sudden just stopped working. I hate that. Then you have to go through the whole process once again. One of my old drs in Ca. told me that we can just build up a tolerance, like a street drug addict does with their drug of choice, it just happens. It sucks big time, but you already feel like crap, so trying something new is a hassle and sometimes kinda stressful and sometimes it takes weeks to tell if the med is gonna help, it's all a big waiting game,but eventually you'll find another med that works, that makes you feel so much better, so in the end it is SO worth it, you just have to keep reminding yourself of thst during the process. Good luck, I hope you start feeling better soon, hugs!
Ashleigh
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:49 PM

hugs!

dizzy77702
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I am going through the same thing right now so I understand where you are coming from. I don't necessarily want to change Meds but I feel like its something that I might have to do. With me it's been more extreme anxiety than anything else and I see a new doctor at the end of the month. Hope things work out for you. Keep us posted.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. Is there a possibility of just increasing the dose on your current meds? Do you think that could help?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)