Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get out of my head...PLEASE ...very depressed !

Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I'm having a very difficult time shaking you from my head..Why did you take my heart and stomp on it? Why do I still long for you after all the harm we did to each other in our relationship? 

These are just two of many questions I ask myself all day everyday. We had what I thought was a great connection. For you to break up with me right after my birthday. Happy birthday to me...Yeah right. Why will you not leave my brain? I don't know how to move past you.

Im so Depressed from our break up. I dont know how I can stand strong with out you.  I wish I could text you. Last time you text me , you said" i'm dating someone and we are happy" . why did you need to rub it in?

So this post is very hard for me, but i need advise. How did you move past a relationship? How did you get that SO out of your mind?  Please help before I go insane.

BTW Im on anti-depression meds,anxiety meds,and PTSD meds. Also go to counseling weekly.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by Group Admin on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:14 PM

it will take time. do things to take your mind off of it. exercise or read a book. pamper yourself and allow yourself to grieve and cry if you need to. hugs!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Moving on will definetly take time. Don't be angry with yourself for not moving on. It's hard. You should try doing things that keep your mind busy. Go hang out with some friends, go get your nails done. Read a good book. And when you start thinking about him fight those thoughts. Tell your mind that you don't need him anymore, and that thinking about him is hurting you. If it wasn't a very healthy relationship then maybe it's best that you aren't together anymore. I know that's not helpful, but think about how you can find someone that is better to you and for you. And you will find someone again, someday. Try doing things that make you happy even if you don't feel like it. I wish you the very best.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by Leah on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:52 PM

hugs mama! time is the only thing I can say. try to do things to get your mind on the right track. read books, watch movies, go for a walk. I've been there, it's not easy but you can do it!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Getting people out of your mind is hard and takes time. And by time, I mean potentially weeks to function, months to have a decent day, even years to come to proper terms (depending on your relationship). 

What I found helped me: time, getting new hobbies, working 70-80 hour weeks at 2 jobs for a year or 2 at jobs that took all of my concentration, anti-depressants, watching my favourite shows and eventually finding people on them attractive, exercise (climbed a 14,000+ ft mountain so trained 1-3 hours, most of the time I wasn't working), and finally, thinking of what he did wrong and projecting how I didn't have to worry about that any more and could be my own person.

That doesn't mean I didn't think about him for years and years, but all of those things helped me cope. And yes, he left me (via phone) for someone he was happy with after 4 years when we'd almost saved a down payment for our house and had decided how many kids to try for, and expected me not to mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)