Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No insurance, need help desperately!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I have ppd from my son's birth five months ago. I also had severe depression and was on celexa before that. I have battled with this all my life, I remember dealing with it as a child even. Now it's to the point that I will go almost two weeks without bathing, I eat once a day at the most and take enough vitamins and supplements to keep my milk supply up for my son. I don't hate anyone, I just feel alone. I lost my job on maternity leave too, and haven't been able to get another one. I can't get unemployment because employer says I voluntarily quit, and I am still fighting it.

I have no insurance and no money, literally. I had to apply for food stamps. I can't get Medicaid because I have to be getting child support, and I have TRIED everything with them!!

How do I find help? I'm not suicidal, I just don't care. At all. I am in a hole and I don't want to get out but I know I need to. My husband took off when I was 7 months pregnant and left me with a 7 year old, 4 year old and now our baby.

Please help. How do I find help? My dr won't take cash customers. I am in Lexington ky btw. Thanks.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM

call 211 and get information on mental health in your area. sometimes they have clinics that can offer assistance based on income. also if you have a college or a university in your area you can find counseling for real cheap prices. they offer that at va tech where i live for about 10 dollars.

elwalters77
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Do you have a local clinic that is on a sliding scale? Perhaps you can talk to someone at a church? I hope you are able to find the help you need. Hugs.

rhodaj
by rho on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Call your Mental Health board and they can tell you were you can get free help at and then contact the drug company to get your meds. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:12 PM
What is a mental health board?

Quoting rhodaj:

Call your Mental Health board and they can tell you were you can get free help at and then contact the drug company to get your meds. 

rhodaj
by rho on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:24 PM

They have a list of drs that will help with people with mental illness with little to no charge. They also will send you in the right direction for anything else you may need for mental illness.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is a mental health board?

Quoting rhodaj:

Lunatic6997
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Do you have family nearby that could help? 

JansRainbow
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I am sorry for what you are going through. There are clinics and other places that the fee goes by your income. Call your Mental Health department in your area. They can help too. There are also pastoral counselors. You do not need to belong to the church.Calling the Mental Health board is an excellent idea. I hope things get better for you. I will keep you and your children in my prayers. Take care. Sending hugs.

matreshka
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Are you sure about teh Medicaid and child support?  I know that here if you get child support you can be kicked off mass health but every state is different.  If you can't get child support see if there is a waiver.  Or fight for support.

There are support groups that are free, call your local mental health clinic or look on NAMI.org or DBSA.org.  Also I find Cognitive behaviorla therpay workbooks you do on your own to be helpful, the book does the same thing a good therapist does.  they are about $20 at amazon and barnes and noble.

icn_mom
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:18 PM

do they have emergency hotlines, like someone you can call? they could give you recourse information for therapy places that are free or close to free.. also, where i used to live the community mental health did therapy on sliding scale, they go by your income. (no income no charge)..

BeAmour
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My suggestion if you cannot get help and get back on some kind of medication is to

1: exercise 3-5 days a week. Try and go for at least 30 minute walks outside. Why?
Because during exercise your seratonin levels rise after 30 mins of working out plus you get those endorphins, too.Why outside? Vitamin D is known has the feel good vitamin on purpose. Go get some good ol sun shine.

2. Go buy yourself a big bag of epsom salt (at any grocery store/pharmacy). Draw yourself up a nice warm bath and put some epsom salt in it. Soak for 15-30mins. Why?
Because epsom salt is basically magnesium sulfate. Most people are magnesium deficent and both the mag amd sulfate absorbs through the skin, like Vit. D. It helps rise seratonin levels and helps keep your other body systems in check, too. Take a bath 5 nights a week and call it your time.

3. I know you are having a hard time financially but go online and buy some essential oils, preferably Lavendar. Essential oils are different than fragrant oils so be aware of that. Lavendar is a calming oil. You can put a few drops (just a few) into your epsom salt bath or you can get a piece of felt and put a few drops on it and smell it to calm down. It's also very good at helping you sleep better and your kiddos. Put a drop under the oldests pillow and a drop on the edge of wherever to baby sleeps.

Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)