Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i give up

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I do. I have anxiety and depression. I've been o. Meds for it but they don't seem to help. All I want to do is sleep and cry. I can barely stand to be touched by my own kids.... They deserve a better mom than I can be.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:19 PM

maybe you just need a change of meds. talk to your dr and let him know how you are feeling. your kids deserve you because they love you. hang in there hun.

proudmomalexis
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:36 PM
call your doctor asap. this is important news he needs to know. this is a wake up call you need to talk.
t
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Yes, there are lots of different meds- people here almost all have taken 3 or more meds before finding the right one, and even so it changes over years. Plus, you may need therapy to help settle things in your mind. Sorry you are having such a rough time. I have been there and it does get better! Call someone right away, because your kids do love you and you have to set a good example of how to deal with this difficult problem, no matter it may be the toughest thing you ever have to do.

matreshka
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Meds can make some people actually feel.worse. talk to your doc about exactly how you feel and try therapy of you aren't already. Look into workbooks on cognitive. Behavioral therapy. You can get them on amazon ornbarnes and noble. They help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I understand. I suffer from depression and anxiety too. Have you tried different meds? Do you see a therapist? It is a process, but in time, you can get better. I did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)