Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I can't take it anymore!!!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:06 PM
  • 11 Replies
I went to my appt at MHMR today. I got there and they checked my blood pressure and it was 135/104. I've gained 10 more pounds. I'm gonna start exercising again. My Wii is broke and that's how I did my Zumba. Well anyways they asked how my meds were doin and I told her how they aren't doin anything for me and they are makin me really bad dizzy and sick. She then asks for a list of what all I've been on and I gave her my list. She couldn't believe how many meds I've been on but I told her I've been dealin with this for over 10 yrs. she then tells me they can't give me anything for the attacks cause the only ones they prescribe aren't workin for me. She said that if I wanted Xanax or Valium then I would have to see my dr. I told her that my dr told me that they (MHMR) had to prescribe me that. She also said I need to start seein a therapist which is fine but she said that are no other meds they can try on me since I've been on everything. She said that they couldn't get me into see their therapist cause I'm not on Medicaid. WTF??? I'm a payin cash patient. I'm so sick and tired of gettin the run around. If I didn't have my kids that depended on me I'd be better of dead. I'm sick of the pain and all the people that don't take this seriously. I'm sick of no one wantin to help. I can't do this anymore. Something has got to give!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

i understand you frustration and am so sorry things are not going good for you. keep calling around to try and find a therapist that will take cash. good luck.

angierose7679
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Thank you!!

Quoting lyrick24:

i understand you frustration and am so sorry things are not going good for you. keep calling around to try and find a therapist that will take cash. good luck.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I can relate.  I've been on so many meds and have had the run around from so many mental health clinics and I've been in the system since 14.  Can you apply for medicaid or possibly SSDI? 

Support groups are free and maybe you can find a better clinic for meds.

angierose7679
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been tryin to get on disability for a few years now and I keep gettin denied. I can't work cause I have so many panic attacks. I can't be around people. I can't handle bein on my feet. No job will be understanding of this. I've been lookin for support groups around my area and there are none. I know I'll have to end up goin out of town. But I can't do traffic. I freak out. And gas is so expensive and I drive a truck so it ain't cheap. This is why I'm depressed. I'm so sick of it all. I'm sick of dealin with the pain every single day. If my kids weren't here I don't know what I'd do. I'm havin urges to SI but I keep from doin it cause I don't want to end up back in the hospital. The only thing I have to live for is my kids. Sorry I'm just rambling on. Thank you for those suggestions!!

Quoting matreshka:

I can relate.  I've been on so many meds and have had the run around from so many mental health clinics and I've been in the system since 14.  Can you apply for medicaid or possibly SSDI? 

Support groups are free and maybe you can find a better clinic for meds.

Bella482
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Hate my life kill me now please someone kill me
angierose7679
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Message me if you want to.

Quoting Bella482:

Hate my life kill me now please someone kill me
MommysTimeOut5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I had been on so many medications that now I am starting over and going back to some of the ones I already tried now that I am older and my chemistry in my brain is different. You MIGHT want to try that unless all the other drugs were killing you. There HAS to be a therapist around there that can accept your cash. It is ashamed that you have to be like 6 feet below the poverty level according to the Government to recieve any help. Hang in there I hope it gets better. 

juniebug11
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I'm so sorry :( try to remember things will get better. There's always a brighter day dear

<3
angierose7679
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:19 PM
That's what they were doin but this new dr said since I've been on everything there's not much more they can do. No dr wants to take me on cause everything they try doesn't work. I'm still tryin to find one. The ones around here want you to have Medicaid so they can bill you extra. It's insane!!!!! Thank you!!

Quoting MommysTimeOut5:

I had been on so many medications that now I am starting over and going back to some of the ones I already tried now that I am older and my chemistry in my brain is different. You MIGHT want to try that unless all the other drugs were killing you. There HAS to be a therapist around there that can accept your cash. It is ashamed that you have to be like 6 feet below the poverty level according to the Government to recieve any help. Hang in there I hope it gets better. 

angierose7679
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Thank you!!

Quoting juniebug11:

I'm so sorry :( try to remember things will get better. There's always a brighter day dear

<3
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN