Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Welcome to the Depression Support Center! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  • 527 Replies

Hi,

Thank you for joining Depression Support Center!

Feeling depressed or anxious? This is the place for you to connect with other moms about any emotional health issues you are facing.

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayKelly

Here are some helpful links:

Check put some of these great posts in the group!

Share Your Best Mood Boosters!

Where to Turn for Help

Daily Check-In  

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LearnTeachLove
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:12 AM
5 moms liked this

Hello, I'm a newbie here. I haven't been a part of a board group or discussion group since my last pregnancy.

I'm Renee, 31, single mom of two boys, both special needs. I have PTSD, BPD and severe anxiety, I've been fighting a losing battle with Worker's Compensation, and Social Security... and just about out of the strength to cope. 

Today, I literally said, and meant it more than ever, that my boys were the only reason I was alive. Saying that, and meaning it, made me decide to reach out for support. 

I have terrible social anxiety, but I'm hoping I can step out of my comfort zone and find comfort.

Renee

ilovemygrey
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this

hi  to Depression Support Center. this is Lisa and i just wrote about my problem.. i am 60 years old .. married for the 2nd time.. want to get div.. but, i have no job and have been trying for 3 years to get one.. i have  54 credit hours of college credit.. but, no one wants to hire me to even to cashiering.. i have over 5 years ex with that too , and i can type 35 WPM.. any one know of any jobs out there.. i am near Nappanee IN.. i have a depression problem with a bad marriage.. and a H who is never home.. he will not quit trucking too.. even with me at home and our son we both adopted over 5 years ago.. HELP.. i hope some one has some ideas for me.. thanks so much.. i think my Dr's R going to put me on depression meds too.. when i go back to the dr about my failing memory.. and maybe other meds too.. hope to hear from U all.. thanks so much.. Lisa

Curla711
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, my name is Carla and I am 28 years old. I have a beautiful 2 1/2 year old daughter who I love to pieces, but lately has been witnessed to me being sad and I don't like her seeing me like that. I have been feeling very strange lately and I am not sure why. I know my husband has been lying to me a lot about very stupid things. I lost my mom 2 years ago and I haven't been the same.

jess890rp
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:26 PM
3 moms liked this
hello im new here im a mother of a beautiful 4 yr old girl i'm still with her Dad but he works all day and i'm here with no car and no one to talk to. my.daughters energy lately is just very overwhelming and she's so talkative i want to be able to enjoy her at this she and not be annoyed :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy1200785
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, My is Jinell and i have Depression for long time and i take meds for it. when i was yonger i wanted to kill myself and cut myself to but my freinds stop me from doing it

Mrs_Saylor
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:54 AM
3 moms liked this
Hello! I'm new to CafeMom. My therapist suggested I try to put myself out there more and interact with other moms, that I might learn from them how they dealt/deal with depression and what has helped them in the past.
I'm currently pregnant with my second child, my son Noah is 14 months. I just found out that I'm expecting a little girl in June.
When I learned the news I thought I'd be over the moon, I've always wanted a little girl, but I be found that I'm not "moved" by this pregnancy at all. I'm not rushing out to baby stores to pick out little pink clothes or pinning nursery ideas on Pinterest, like I thought I would. I just feel so detatched. I've heard it's normal to not be as invested in your second pregnancy because you're so busy taking care of your first. But to feel nothing at all?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tina51097
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm Tina. I'm a 40 year old married woman with a 15 year old son Trevor who has Autism. I also homeschool him. It can be very stressful. I have recently starting seeing a therapist about my past trauma. It has been really hard to tell someone what happened to me. My husband didn't even know. My marriage was falling apart. I had to do something. I have been carrying it around with me all these years. My shoulders feel so heavy and I'm so tired.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Welcome to the group!  Many of us here have the same issues with PTSD and BPD so feel free to jump in wherever.

Quoting LearnTeachLove:

Hello, I'm a newbie here. I haven't been a part of a board group or discussion group since my last pregnancy.

I'm Renee, 31, single mom of two boys, both special needs. I have PTSD, BPD and severe anxiety, I've been fighting a losing battle with Worker's Compensation, and Social Security... and just about out of the strength to cope. 

Today, I literally said, and meant it more than ever, that my boys were the only reason I was alive. Saying that, and meaning it, made me decide to reach out for support. 

I have terrible social anxiety, but I'm hoping I can step out of my comfort zone and find comfort.

Renee

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Welcome!  I know jobs are tight everywhere but keep applying.  Maybe try a temp agency or go to a career center.

Quoting ilovemygrey:

hi  to Depression Support Center. this is Lisa and i just wrote about my problem.. i am 60 years old .. married for the 2nd time.. want to get div.. but, i have no job and have been trying for 3 years to get one.. i have  54 credit hours of college credit.. but, no one wants to hire me to even to cashiering.. i have over 5 years ex with that too , and i can type 35 WPM.. any one know of any jobs out there.. i am near Nappanee IN.. i have a depression problem with a bad marriage.. and a H who is never home.. he will not quit trucking too.. even with me at home and our son we both adopted over 5 years ago.. HELP.. i hope some one has some ideas for me.. thanks so much.. i think my Dr's R going to put me on depression meds too.. when i go back to the dr about my failing memory.. and maybe other meds too.. hope to hear from U all.. thanks so much.. Lisa

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Welcome!  Maybe it would be a good idea to see a therapist to deal with grieving your mom and dealing with your DH.  It is okay to show emotion around your kids.

Quoting Curla711:

Hi, my name is Carla and I am 28 years old. I have a beautiful 2 1/2 year old daughter who I love to pieces, but lately has been witnessed to me being sad and I don't like her seeing me like that. I have been feeling very strange lately and I am not sure why. I know my husband has been lying to me a lot about very stupid things. I lost my mom 2 years ago and I haven't been the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)