Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Welcome to the Depression Support Center! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining Depression Support Center!

Feeling depressed or anxious? This is the place for you to connect with other moms about any emotional health issues you are facing.

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayKelly

Here are some helpful links:

Check put some of these great posts in the group!

Share Your Best Mood Boosters!

Where to Turn for Help

Daily Check-In  

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Replies (521-529):
Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Hello and welcome to the group. I'm so glad you shared some of your story with us. This group is full of supportive women. ((hugs)).

Quoting dmj1574:

Hello All,

I just wanted to take a second to introduce myself, I've been a member for about a week now but it's taken me a bit to work up the courage to say hello. A little about me - I'm married, mom to 5, grandma to 2 and we all live in Ohio. Honestly, I'd say I've suffered through (or lived through depending how you think about it) depression and anxiety most of my life...I just never realized it or admitted it to myself.  

A few years ago a manager from work basically forced me to the doctor after I mentioned some of the anxiety symptoms (I thought something was going on with my heart...it runs in my family) The doctor kept asking me about anxiety and I was getting so upset that I cried in the doctors office but I still would not admit to myself that the life was not full of gumdrops and rainbows.

I guess I was always the one that said everything is going to be ok. I would walk around with a smile and when my husband got stressed or worried I would be right there waiting to tell him everythting would be ok. 

I grew up I grew up around surrounded by alcoholism (thankfully all really are ok now) My husband has suffered with bouts of severe depression and is disabled (I suspect he may be bipolar be he refuses any kind of treatment for depression/anxiety or anything of the kind... he was on paxil at one point went of abruptly and ended up in a psych ward for a week, he will not discuss it) he's had 4 surgeries and countless procedures on his neck and spine over the last 15 years. In the middle of all that we lost our home in the foreclosure crisis a few years back...even then...it will all be ok :)  There's other things that I'm not ready to talk about but that's enough, right?

In a little over two weeks I turn 40. For most of my adult life I rarely went to the doctor other than when I was pregnant.  The first full blown panic attack I had was when my first grand son was born. I was standing behind my son, and I didn't really realize what was going on with me I thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest. I couldnt catch my breath...I was just so glad my son is so tall and everyone was focused on my daughter-in-law and the joy of the moment and not me. I felt so guilty. The second one was when I took my 12 year old to get a tooth pulled. She was screaming and well it just didn't end well....That's when I finally went to the doctor. He put me on Zoloft which really has helped with the anxiety but not so much with the depression.

I really suck at taking care of myself.... That doctor retired... and It has taken almost two years to find another doctor (not that I tried to hard, when my perscription ran out I went to my husbands but I didn't really feel like he was listening, he just wrote a new perscription....but I took my girls to a new family doctor and instantly knew I loved her!

Anyway,  In the past two years I've started having migrains and an all over general achiness, I cant focus on anything, not that there is much of a desire to do anything to begin with. I barely leave the house unless it's to go to the store around the corner or to take one of the girls to school, I'm terified to drive, I gave up my friends long ago.  I hate the phone. Does anyone dread answering the phone? I do...I hate it. I figure it must be bad news.

I don't know, I'm sorry for rambling...I guess I needed to get this out. I've been writing everything down that I wanted to talk to my doctor about, I've been bringing up issues little by little because I'm really afraid she is going to think I'm a hypochondriac... or crazy, i feel that way ssometimes.

I know life has to be better than this. I love my kids, my family, but I want to enjoy LIFE.

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Hello and welcome to the group!

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

Hi I'm Cynthia. I have bipolar, anxiety and ocd. I've known it since I was a child (just knew it). Got an official diagnosis in my early 20s. 

I'm an atypical bipolar because I don't get depressed, Im much more likely to be manic. 

A little about me..

I love cooking and baking, homeschooling and reading.

Nice to meet everyone!

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Hello! I'm so glad you found this group.

Quoting mamavalor:

Hi.  I just found this group so I hope to you all can help me how to cope with this condition.  

Thanks.

Linda

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Hello and welcome ((hugs))

Quoting eemaa:

Hello, I'm new here...I've been dealing with depression ever sience I had my youngest which is 9 years old...I've been on zoloft and it helped most of the time but when I have bigger problems I fall back into it...It has taken a toll on my marriege,Like LearnTeachLove mentioned, I live for my 3 children, almost everyday has been a struggle lately.

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Hello and welcome to the group.

Quoting Sunsweet2014:

Hello everyone, 

I have wondered for years what kind of mental health issue I have.  I have seen doctors and counelers with very little improvement.  

Due to years of sexual abuse from more than one person that I was suppose to be able to trust.  It took its toll on me mental.  I am guessing I have PTSD that was worse when I was younger.  Now I am left with anxiety, and depression so I have been told.  also have several health issues that does not help with all this.  

List of how I feel when I am not on meds:

cannot focus 

nail bitting

feel very alone

feel the world would be better off without me.

worthless

irritabilty 

sleep

no energy

no drive

dont want to deal with people or daily life

thank you for your time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 3:43 PM

My first post & new to cafe Moms. I am a single working Mom. I am struggling with depression and am here to seek help and guidance. Thank you.

GummyBears3825
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Hello, I have been struggling with depression for a long time, is there such thing as being angry and depressed, at the same time?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Nov. 2, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Hi my name is Kelly Bleier.. My friend Lora Barnardhas told me alot about Cafemom. She thought it would do me good to become a member and start opening up to people..

.I guess my depression really started about 2 years ago. Its a pretty long stpry but to make it shorter..We had a famoly friend that was dieing from cancer. My husband Rick and my middle daughter Crystal worked for him. Phil got to the point where he couldn't work anymore so Rick a I moved in with him during the week and Crystal stayed with him on the weekends.  Phil really didn't have any family so he made the decision to put Rick and I as his benefeciers. We were to get his $300,000 home and furnishings and a big portion of his money. Crystal was to get his Tahoe a few other things amd some money. Let me tell you now that Rick and I had been friends with him for well over 30 years.. We wanted nothong of his..nothing..we loved him and we were just helping. Phil made Rick his Trustee also. The will was drawn up we were very grateful. As time went by Phil was getting worse and worse. He didn't want me to help him he wanted Crystal. Crystal spent a lot of time together alone. Crystal is marries and has 2 beautiful girls who were my world. As time went by Phil got further and further away from us and closer and closer to Crystal. Attorneys would come to the house and have private meetings in his office.. Wee the day came and he passed away.. Crystal all of a sudden took charge knew where everything was.. Legal paers weren't whefe Phil said they were. Crystal knew exactly where they were. She took over everything. Callng people,making phone calls,etc. Rick and I felt useless. I was looking for a paper with a gate combination on itovercame a letter from Phil to Rick.It started out real nice thanking him for taking care of him and his businessthen turned really mean. He told Rick that he changed the Will to give Crystal the house,the money and stuff. He said you are still getting a portionof money and his other house which was really tore up. Phil then said that because Rick had an 8th grade education he didn't belong in his $33,000 hose and in the neighborhood of expensive homes. He said Rick was a loser and our daughter belongedthere more than we did. I gave that letter to Rick and he cried and cried like a baby. Phil was suppose to be Ricks best friend. Well 2 days later we went to the funeral where Crystal was in chare there. Sitting with Phils brother and getting all the thanks for helping Phil and being the sweet woman she was..We recieved no thanks.. I'm going to skip a whole lots of crappy things Crystal did. She and her family live in Phils hpuse and are very happy. Rick has sinve had a very bad heartattack and finally got excepted for disability. We live on his checks starting this month. We have been living on a bit of money tht Phil left us Thank God.. I have worked and worked to get Crystal to admit she knew everything that the Will was changed,that She knew it all about 2 weeks before Phil passed away. Crystal kept very important information from her veryown parents. Rick hasn't spoke to her for over a year. I have tried to fix things between us all so we could be a normal family but Crystal won't admit to knowing everything. We are 100% sure she knew everything. But she is an angel and doesn't do anything wrong. I haven't seen my two granddaughters in about a year except from pictures on Facebook. Crystal since had anotjer baby girl Ihave seen her twice. So my heart is broken. I have to come to the terms that she no longer needsme in her life..There is so much more that adds to my depresion but enoughfor now. If anybody reads this andis interested just ask me questions I know its a bit confusing..Thank you for listening..

ShadowKitten
by New Member on Nov. 2, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Hi. So I'm ShadowKitten...I have a 5 year old DD and an almost 6month old DS. I also babysit my almost 5month old nephew.

I've been debating joining this group for about 4-5 months...After talking with a friend last night, I decided I needed more support than just her, because I felt I was overwhelming her. I realize it my be in my head but none the less, it finally convinced me. Anyway...Hi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN