Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Welcome to the Depression Support Center! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining Depression Support Center!

Feeling depressed or anxious? This is the place for you to connect with other moms about any emotional health issues you are facing.

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayKelly

Here are some helpful links:

Check put some of these great posts in the group!

Share Your Best Mood Boosters!

Where to Turn for Help

Daily Check-In  

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Welcome!  I take my son to playgroups at our library, have you checked for any in your area?

Quoting jess890rp:

hello im new here im a mother of a beautiful 4 yr old girl i'm still with her Dad but he works all day and i'm here with no car and no one to talk to. my.daughters energy lately is just very overwhelming and she's so talkative i want to be able to enjoy her at this she and not be annoyed :-(

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Welcome! Do you find the meds to be helping you now?  I have attempted suicide and I am lucky to still be here.

Quoting mommy1200785:

Hi, My is Jinell and i have Depression for long time and i take meds for it. when i was yonger i wanted to kill myself and cut myself to but my freinds stop me from doing it

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Welcome!  this is a great group to meet other moms who struggle with depressiona nd other mental health issues.  I can relate, I thought I was going to have a girl the second time around, plus DH was told by his doc he couldn't have kids so it was a shock when I found out I was pregnant.  I felt detached during my pregnancy too but once my second son was born that all went away.

Quoting Mrs_Saylor:

Hello! I'm new to CafeMom. My therapist suggested I try to put myself out there more and interact with other moms, that I might learn from them how they dealt/deal with depression and what has helped them in the past.
I'm currently pregnant with my second child, my son Noah is 14 months. I just found out that I'm expecting a little girl in June.
When I learned the news I thought I'd be over the moon, I've always wanted a little girl, but I be found that I'm not "moved" by this pregnancy at all. I'm not rushing out to baby stores to pick out little pink clothes or pinning nursery ideas on Pinterest, like I thought I would. I just feel so detatched. I've heard it's normal to not be as invested in your second pregnancy because you're so busy taking care of your first. But to feel nothing at all?

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Welcome!  How is therapy going? I have ptsd and it greatly affects my life.  I've had several traumas and have worked through and accepted a few of them but not all yet.  its a long healing process but worth it.

Quoting Tina51097:

Hi, I'm Tina. I'm a 40 year old married woman with a 15 year old son Trevor who has Autism. I also homeschool him. It can be very stressful. I have recently starting seeing a therapist about my past trauma. It has been really hard to tell someone what happened to me. My husband didn't even know. My marriage was falling apart. I had to do something. I have been carrying it around with me all these years. My shoulders feel so heavy and I'm so tired.

kaymak27
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

hello im new here my name is monica im 32 and mother and a wife i have 5 yr old daughter and my 2 other kids 11yr old daughter and 8yr old son have been with my mom for the last 6yrs, all because of my husband got me to visit him out of state after he move back to his parents...anyways i been doing the visitions every year since we came back to cali, were not in out own place yet haveing had the money to save ugh but anyways i get drepressd about it caz i want my 2 kids back and very year its the same old thing..were hoping to move to our own place soon so hoping it will help to get my 2 kids back aswell...ill keep update..

Slayton723
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:07 PM
3 moms liked this
Hello. I'm sherri. I'm 22 a wife and mother of a 9 week old baby girl. I've suffered with depression since 2005. I'm on meds for it but it's still a struggle. My dh is also suffering from depression/mental problems and is currently in the psych ward. It feels pretty much like I'm a single mother even though I'm married...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2009mum
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

hi im new i have had depression sinch i had my daughter . it started to get worse after her dad left and recently sinch we have been arguing and going through our custody battle and he has a new fiance and has forgtton im alive my depression has gotton worse i have has two relationships sinch my daughter dad and i split. both have ened in me not being happy and at the end of the day thinking of him . iv tried to move on but my heart wont let me any advice iv tried to tell him how i feel and he doesnt want to hear it cause he is happy all of this stress has realy taken a toll on me sinch we split iv lost over 50 pounds and lost my appetite im moody and tired all the time so any avice to what i can do to either get over this and move past this depresson or get my happy family back?

nai_ryoku
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I left my profile open for anyone to see so you all are welcome to check it out. Left it a bit vague. Need to work on it some more. I'm 33, wife of 11 yrs and mother of what I call many: 7 yr old daughter, 5 yr old son, 2 yr old son, 3 yr old pitbull, and 3 1 yr old pet rats and yes, they respond to me when I say it's mommy when talking to them! Lol I love music. Dominantly, I deal w/ bipolar 2 but my last antidepressant has put me into rapid cycling which has proved disasterous. Am now on a mild mood stabilizer on top of the one I have now to help calm down the rapid c. so I'm dealing and being positive about when I can get started on the new antidepressant :)

Oceana09
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi. I'm Jessie and I'm new to this group. I just gave birth to my second child, my first son. It was a terrible pregnancy, emotional wise, and I haven't been able to cope with  a lot of things that were said during this pregnancy by family and friends and even my son's father.

A year ago I started seeing a counselor for some memory lapse issues. I lose track of days, sometimes weeks in which I don't remember anything. During those weeks, I tend to change a lot of things. I created a timeline for my counselor and we figured out that these blackouts occur right after stressful events. She mentioned that she thought I might have schizoaffective disorder and I panicked and never went back. Now, my son is 3 weeks old and I'm starting to have some serious issues. I keep waking up in teh middle of the night, panicking because I feel like "omg, I've slept, now he's going to be gone." And there was even once, I woke up panicking and calling my dr because I thought I was 2 weeks overdue, totally forgetting that I even gave birth.

I'm just hoping I can find support in this group, and maybe someone who has been where I have been. Even if it's just a little.

Brent Jacob
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Jazmyn Rose
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
I am a caring, loving, single mom of two beautiful kids. I firmly believe in the Law of Attraction and I try to help others that believe the same. Come check out our group "Finding the Secret" to find out more http://www.cafemom.com/group/118498.
Dana30
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Quoting mommy1200785:

Hi, My is Jinell and i have Depression for long time and i take meds for it. when i was yonger i wanted to kill myself and cut myself to but my freinds stop me from doing it

Hi Jinell, I too have the same feeling as you, but never took meds. Do you find they help?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)