Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

helllo im new and need help and some friends:(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

hello

decided to post because im unsure what to do:( i guess noones life is easy but mines been rough.

everyone thinks stay at home mom job is a piece of cake its not! i love my children but one income is really tough.and living in a small apartment doesnt help.me and my husband are working on moving to a better town for our children in the country .but right now funds are tight.i have bad depression and anxiety i finally reached out to a mental health place and at my intake she said i probably have pstd and anxiexty depression.i started to cry more i felt embarassed i dunno why i didnt even tell her everything i had too .then they told me i would have a 25copay each visit which i cant afford especially once a week.i already pay out of my husband check 165 bucks a week yep a week! for insurance its killing us:( i told the therapist i cant get the help i need i cant afford it and knowing meds will have to follow also which are 20-30 each presciption each. its alot.im looking for a job but with my aniexty i gotta make sure i dont have a panic attack somewhere cause jobs dont care they will fire ya.i left a great insurance job in 2004 cause of my aniexty and tried working nights at target 2 yrs after i left the insurance co. and i lasted 3 nights at target i had to tell my boss i was very sorry but the attacks are bad.which sucks i shouldve gotten help sooner but ffelt alone.i have alot of stress from family members and i have some non family members too that are pissing me off but cant do nothing but feel alone.my husband he really is awesome though he tries to get it.he works over 40 hrs and taks care of the kids when i cant.helps out around the house not sure what to do.help! thank you

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

try to find a job that is not going to stress you out. you need your meds. if you get the job them you will be able to get the meds and control all the feelings you are having. leave all those people alone who are causing you stress. you dont need that in your life. good luck to you.

rhodaj
by rho on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Welcome to the group. I am sorry you are going through so much. I would see if you are eligiable for disabilty since it is so bad. You might be able to get help with your meds thru the drug company and I would ask the therapist if you could see her less then every week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:06 PM

thank you

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:07 PM

i cant get disability i dont have enough work credits cause i waited so long to get help and the other one my husband makes alot from what they say .im just gonna try meds and figure stuff out

thank you so much

Chassyr
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Hello and welcome to the group!

If you have a local free clinic near you that may help, and if possible try for SSI, that is a supplemental income from the government. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:38 AM

i cant get ssi .it goes by income and by their standards my husband makes too much.even though he dont for out family:(

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Welcome to the group!  There are workbooks you can get for anxiety from barnes and noble or amazon.com, it has readings and homework to do.  its almost like going to a therapist.  If you can get in once in a while to a psych doc, if you think you need meds ask if any on the walmart $4 list can help you.

Also SSDI does not go by household income, its different than SSI and I have it because I am diagnosed with bipolar I and PTSD and my DH works.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM

hugs! my job has been very understanding of my anxiety, thank goodness!

twistandshout
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Welcome to the group, glad to have you here. You have found a really good group of loving, understanding and supportive women. Someone is always on line. Welcome. It sound like you are under alot of stress I am sorry for that. I hope things will look up for you soon. Just getting out a little each day can help, the park, walk, window shopping. Keep serching for a clinc that will help you, meds are good for controling anixiety I don't know what I would do with out mine. Goodluck. Hugs and prayers. 

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:46 PM

(((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)