Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I can't believe I cried... plus a rant about a different topic...

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

I was on my way to Walmart today and had to stop to get gas. After pumping the gas and cleaning my windows, I got in my car and it wouldn't start. I fought back the tears and grabbed the kids and went inside to ask if there was anyone who could help me. Nope, no one else was there but one person. I asked a few people but they didn't know how to jump a car and I am not sure that I know how to do it right. At that point I couldn't stop myself from crying. I can't express to you how much bad luck I have with cars. The last time something like this happened I was at a gas station, had just gotten off of work and was heading to get the kids from daycare. My car wouldn't even light up when I tried to crank it. That time several people tried to help me and they got it started. This time only one guy tried to help me and he didn't have a car, he was waiting there for someone to pick him up. He looked under the hood and then came up with an idea to put my car in neutral and then push it forward a little bit. It didn't work right away and my dad said it would take him 15 minutes to get there to help. Well, after about a minute after I did that, I tried to start it one more time and it worked! I cried the entire time I was sitting there trying to get it started and when it finally did start. I want to cry just thinking about it. The guy who helped tried to calm me down but I just couldn't help it. I don't know why I cried so much or so hard.... 

So here is my rant: I called my dr to get a refill on my medication and they told me I have to come in to see the dr. I have to show up before 7:30 tomorrow morning for a walk in one. They told me I didn't have to come back in that it was just to see if I was doing ok on my medication and they would go ahead and send in a refill for me. I do not want to go out that early. I have no choice though. 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:57 PM

hugs! I'm glad everything worked out in the end!

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM

sounds like you are just stressed to the max. i probably would have broke down crying too. im glad everything worked out for you. dont feel so bad about going to your appt in the morning. at least you will get your meds. hugs!

Tracys2
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:01 PM

That sounds really stressful- especially at a bad time/weather or if you're worried about how to get home or the expense. I agree that you were at the end of your rope. It's good that you got things resolved before crying, actually.

Sorry about your doctor office. Sometimes one person will agree to something against policy, but tohers won't. Ugh. I hope you can get it dealt with tomorrow with not too much bother

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Definitely get AAA.  I have a lot of bad luck with cars too and when my 2 yr old is with me it makes me freak out.

MommysTimeOut5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:25 PM

At least you were at the gas station and not out in the middle of no where. Try to get AAA to help you. It's okay to cry. I break down sometimes if someone looks at me the wrong way. You are showing your children that you are human and they will understand. Best of luck to you!!!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN