Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

grrr! i feel so irritated...

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 13 Replies
Need to vent. My irritability is through the roof. It takes nothing to set me from 0 to 300 on the irritated scale and I feel like im constantly yelling or barking at people. The plus side I realize I am doing this and am trying to remember to pause before I react but its hard to stop un the moment I hate when o get this way. Any body halve any tricks they use to keep from lashing out st everything in the heat of moments. I write in a journal or talk to my Dh but it doesn't help much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
icn_mom
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM

For me its five minutes of quiet (I retreat so I dont explode).. I either Come on here and just vent my little heart out for that five minutes, or I grab my car keys turn up the radio, and drive.. Sometimes escaping what is making you "heated" helps you to calm down. I have also recently started going to the gym again, and I notice im not as on edge now.. I think it is fantastic that you are noticing what you are doing, and you should give yourself props since it takes many people a very long time to see it!!! :)

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

speak in a soft tone and now matter what dont raise your voice. it will keep you alot calmer.

angierose7679
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I know it's hard. I catch myself doin it. I have to walk outside or in another room. Hugs!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I have to walk away and take deep breaths.  try to avoid stressful situations and prepare myself if they can't be avoided.  journaling and art help me release my feelings.

Roo1234
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM
2 moms liked this
All I can suggest is to be in the moment and prioritize the kind of person you want to be. In our home we "practice" patience because that gives us understanding that it isn't an all or nothing proposition. We just do the best we can in that moment, learn from it, and move on.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

deep breaths, walk away, and pick your battles. My dd is 13 this year and had been starting to push it. I took a little course called parenting with love and logic and it was amazing!

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I walk away alot.  I also am very good at the silent treatment.  They figure out after a while to just leave me alone and stop irritating me.  I also journal so I can vent on paper.

whatmynameagain
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Thanks. I m going to try that 5 minute reboot . Reacting immediately in the moment is such a hard habit to break but I hate the way I've been acting. I just have to remember to walk away.

Quoting icn_mom:

For me its five minutes of quiet (I retreat so I dont explode).. I either Come on here and just vent my little heart out for that five minutes, or I grab my car keys turn up the radio, and drive.. Sometimes escaping what is making you "heated" helps you to calm down. I have also recently started going to the gym again, and I notice im not as on edge now.. I think it is fantastic that you are noticing what you are doing, and you should give yourself props since it takes many people a very long time to see it!!! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah14094
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I know just how you feel. I know its happening but I cant seem to control my anger. I get dizzy when I get reaaly really furious. Im going to try what everyone has suggested for you. Post an update, Im interested to know if it worked for you.
mommieof
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Wish I could help but I'm going through the exact problems, last few months all I do is tell and snap at the drop of a hat, I feel so much anger and hatred towards everyone, I've yelled so much my voice is hoarse and I'm so fed up I'm ready to move out and runaway. :( I need to get on meds but hate them all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN