Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

A little bummmed

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM
  • 11 Replies

So today my DH is taking a "free day".. which means he is doing whatever he wants for the day. He chose a day of video games. So in the midst of figuring out what my dd and I were going to do for the day, i realized we have NO money.. just the money for rent and that is it.. so now we are home bound and she is not very happy about it and honestly neither am I. There is not much to do here, and I really need some out time before the mass of appointments this week. So I guess I have to get creative to find fun things to do around here so I dont get cabin fever.  How is your weekend thus far?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM

This weekend has be rough, think I'm starting to cycle down. Been so sad..

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:48 AM

its going ok. i tried to lay down and take a nap earlier but the grandkids kept waking me up. i have tried some new recipes this weekend and really enjoyed them. i have also been looking on the internet for some sales and have found quite a few but will have to wait till weds to order which is when i get paid.

icn_mom
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Quoting lyrick24:

its going ok. i tried to lay down and take a nap earlier but the grandkids kept waking me up. i have tried some new recipes this weekend and really enjoyed them. i have also been looking on the internet for some sales and have found quite a few but will have to wait till weds to order which is when i get paid.

I am a recipie FREAK lol... I cant help but try new ones, and mostly i have really enjoyed the ones ive tried :) i find it relaxing (until dishes time lol)

icn_mom
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Quoting gonecrazi:

This weekend has be rough, think I'm starting to cycle down. Been so sad..

Im sorry to hear you have been sad :( How do you bring your spirits up when you get this way? me? I listen to music, bake or do science experiments with my dd, or pop in a movie and relax :) I pray your sadness finds a vacation spot and you can feel better!

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

My weekend is good

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:10 PM
So bored, no money, nothing to do, nowhere to go, sigh :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Does she like to learn to cook simple things or color or do crafts.  There are some really good websites with activity info, of course I can't think of them now.

icn_mom
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Quoting matreshka:

Does she like to learn to cook simple things or color or do crafts.  There are some really good websites with activity info, of course I can't think of them now.

we ended up doing science experiments, a makeover and a photo shoot here at the house :)

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I woke up annoyed yesterday, but the rest of the weekend was good :-) Got some stuff done around the house that I needed to, hung out with my bff for a little while, hung out with my bf last night, did a few things today, and now relaxing in bed! DD has tomorrow off from school but I still have to work.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Very Nice! I have boys so I never get to do makeovers.  That's fun :)

Quoting icn_mom:

Quoting matreshka:

we ended up doing science experiments, a makeover and a photo shoot here at the house :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)