Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Tension in back and neck

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 15 Replies
What do y'all do for it?? I'm constantly tense. My dr won't give me anything for it though. Very frustrating. It's all part of my anxiety attacks I know but nothin I do seems to help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:01 PM

are you taking anything for anxiety? relax your neck and shoulder muscles several times a day when you think of it. maybe you can take some motrin or something to help you.

angierose7679
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Yea they are tryin me on Lamictal (sp?) yea I usually do that anyways. Gonna get in a hot bath to see if it helps. Yea I took some earlier just not helpin :(

Quoting lyrick24:

are you taking anything for anxiety? relax your neck and shoulder muscles several times a day when you think of it. maybe you can take some motrin or something to help you.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I just got an aromatherapy lotion with mint and lavender to rub on my neck and temples.  it helps a lot!  Those herbal hot pads help too.

angierose7679
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Thanks Hun. I'll try those

Quoting matreshka:

I just got an aromatherapy lotion with mint and lavender to rub on my neck and temples.  it helps a lot!  Those herbal hot pads help too.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Apply heat.  Xanax for the anxiety,  I take extended release Xanax once a day and immediate release as needed for panic attack.  I still get head/neck aches frequently.

Roo1234
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you ever used any yoga or deep breathing techniques? Incorporating even a small 5 or 10 minute session daily can not only help with immediate problems, but can help lessen long term ones
JansRainbow
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I have the same thing. In my neck and back. Every morning it is that way. I know it is stress. I have muscle relaxers that I can take at bedtime. They help a little. I also get migraines too.  Try heat. That may help. Maybe getting a better pillow might help too. I was going to a chiropractor for a while, but they did not help me. Hope you find something to help you. Take care.

angierose7679
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM
They won't give me Xanax. That's the only thing that relaxes me but they just won't give it to me

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Apply heat.  Xanax for the anxiety,  I take extended release Xanax once a day and immediate release as needed for panic attack.  I still get head/neck aches frequently.

angierose7679
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Yea I did yoga till my wii broke. I still do the deal breathing.

Quoting Roo1234:

Have you ever used any yoga or deep breathing techniques? Incorporating even a small 5 or 10 minute session daily can not only help with immediate problems, but can help lessen long term ones
angierose7679
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Thank you!! I know I need to go see one but I always freak out when they start to do my neck :(

Quoting JansRainbow:

I have the same thing. In my neck and back. Every morning it is that way. I know it is stress. I have muscle relaxers that I can take at bedtime. They help a little. I also get migraines too.  Try heat. That may help. Maybe getting a better pillow might help too. I was going to a chiropractor for a while, but they did not help me. Hope you find something to help you. Take care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN