Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Expecting and Battling Depression

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:51 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hey Moms. I am so glad to have found this group. I am a wife and mother of 3 who is expecting her 4th child. After the painful loss of a child last summer its been a rocky road of tests and uncertainty with this pregnancy but the most taxing is the depression. I have battled it for 6 years but somehow it has gotten unbearable. I would love to chat and grow close to anyone who has had this problem. I feel I could learn so much from those who have been there. Lots of love. <3

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KVnC
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I've lost a lot of ppl never my own child I'm pregnant with my first but I'm really depressed, its been really bad lately. I hope u feel better soon the pain will never go away but you can learn to live with it...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry for your loss, and wish u the best. It's fear, the worst emotion ever, it robs u of life and happiness and even logic. I battle it daily myself. Try to rise above for your children and yourself

upsanddowns
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I understand the fears and the worries myself. I'm cooking number seven. I battle alot of different fears but breathing and praying tends to set a calm in me...sometimes it takes a min but i bounce back. I pray the same for you. Good luck and try as hard as it gets to enjoy it bc life is full of depressing shit
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
candlemomma83
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM

It truly is something that seems to linger. Seeing a therapist helps some but when you are pregnant and all the extra hormones it can be tough to manage. 

candlemomma83
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM

thank you so much for all the support already. praying and breathing do help to an extent. the Lord is gracious and gives me breaks in between anxiety attacks but its scary knowing one will come again ...

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM

welcome to the group. i have never had depression when i was pregnant. i always felt better when i was pregnant. dont know if it was the hormones or not. i hope you findf someone who is going through the same thing. anytime you want to talk you can message me.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Welcome to the group!  I am sorry for your loss and I'm sure that being pregnant now is bringing up a lot of pain and issues.  Do you see a therapist at all?  It helps me with my past trauma and coping skills for getting through life now.  We are always here too.

candlemomma83
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM

thanks ladies. yes seeing a therapist. last pregnancy i had some issues with depression but this time seems to be much worse. could also be the winter, bitter and cold up here and dark early. and also the previous loss. seems it does not matter what is going on i just have that tired and slow feeling so often its hard to climb out of

thanks so much for all the advice already its really helpful

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Welcome to the group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)