Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

This is dumb..

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM
  • 17 Replies
I miss my home so much. I feel like I don't fit in here at all. I moved to Missouri from California to give my daughter a better life but wow it feels like everything sux here.. the weather, the ppl can tell we're different and stare or be rude. I just hate it. I'm always in this house by myself till my fiance comes home. Idk what's stuck up everybody's ass over here maybe its the area I'm in or something i have no idea but I'm going crazy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcm28
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
You should try to make friends. Maybe at your dd school or volunteer somewhere. Get out and meet new ppl. When you think someone is steering at you introduce yourself and say hi how are you. Kill them with kindness.
Tracys2
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Weird, isn't it? I'm actually from California, and now I'm in North Carolina. People here are very polite, and will talk to you, but it certainly doesn't translate into friendships, no matter what I do and how many tons of people I meet and talk to and try to befriend. I figure it's the depression or something about me, but I sure hate it. The only time I ever felt like I fit in was in England, but I wonder how much of it was my state of mind at the time- having an adventure whereas now I'm alone and therefoer less interesting and more depressed.

Given that, thee are areas everyrwhere that aer more laid-back, more snobbish, etc. I hope you can find a niche. Maybe an interest group or something would get you to find the group of people who are closer to like-minded with you. It did help a little for me, back before I had kids.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I lived in San Diego for a year and I hated it!

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM

im so sorry you are experiencing that. can you try to make some friends around where you live. i am sure not everybody is like that. hopefull you will get things worked out.

JTMOM422
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Sorry they are being that way towards you. Just remember that it's for a better life for you guys. Maybe they are just curious about new people. Try introducing yourself to someone in town the next time you go. Ask about the town and things for you do to with your family. Wish you lots of luck

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I have lived all  over the country and in some rural parts of it (northern Nevada and Arkansas especially) felt the same way.  I didn't have kids or family though so it was easy for me to just move somewhere else.  Try the library for playgroups or look online at meetup groups.

KVnC
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM
All I can so is keep trying but its discouraging. I tried going to some classes but its like the ppl really ain't nice at all even when u be nice hopefully it gets better guess just gotta pray on it...
KVnC
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Boys i have met some ppl but later on found out they do drugs so that's not gonna work since i don't want that around my daughter
chasingrandbaby
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I think that its everywhere and that people are just wrapped up in their own torment. Its hard to find someone who is happy nowadays. If they r, financial isnt a problem and all is well in their childrens families I have found anyways. They say happiness is a choice, well sometimes its just not in the cards, choice or not. Remember all u have to do is meet one or two and they introduce u to one or two more, its harder as u get older and there isnt the kids to have in common w someone. Try a community center for classes or walking, u may have to be the one to make the first step. best wishes to u

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)