Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I'm not sure if I'm depressed or just tired?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I have three kids ages 10, 6, and 2. I'm a para educator for Ed students. I leave my problems at work but there are times that I just feel emotionally drained. My husband works out of town, so therefore I sometimes do feel lonely. I want to leave my job because I feel that whatever I'm doing after work (dinner, cleaning, laundry, etc) I could be doing that in the morning hours. I come home and I'm tired. Don't know what to do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
reindeer-c
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:01 AM

I have 3 boys so I know how difficult it can be to meet the demands of the kids. Can you possibly take a leave from your job to sort out your feeling about work and family life? Are you home with the kids in the summer? Can you afford to quit your job and be at home? Can you work less hours? I am thinking about going back to work when my son starts kindergarten in August but am afraid I will end up exhausted like you are. My hubby also works out of town and comes home on the weekends. It is a tough balance. The kids need you because dad is gone, your job needs you, cleaning, dinner, shopping, baths......you had kids to enjoy them.....they grow so fast. I hope you find your balance. Hugs to you.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:10 AM
1 mom liked this

it seems like you have alot on your plate. is there anyway you could work part-time? maybe that would allow you to lay down during the day and take a nap. i used to work forty hours per week and had three kids and kept up with the house and when i got off from work all i wanted to do was hit the bed. i was soooo tired. i hope you can get it worked out to your advantage.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

can you cut back your hours at all?

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd also look into thyroid/physical issues, take some good vitamins (especially Bs and iron) and get some exercise.

It could be depression, but doctors are always happy to prescribe for that, and good to test everything first. You DO have a lot going on!

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like you're really busy & therefore really tired - understandably so. 

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM

You could see your doctor

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Thank you all. I decided to quit my job. So far I've been off for a week and I started doing Zumba. I hope this helps me.
deltathree
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I hope it helps, too.  Hugs.

hugging 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you all. I decided to quit my job. So far I've been off for a week and I started doing Zumba. I hope this helps me.

erikadi
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:20 AM

You could be both depressed and tired. Is there anyway you can switch your hours?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)