Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Today the sun came out.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Last night I let everything out. I talked to my husband and he just sat and listened while I sorted all of my thoughts out. When I finished, I realised that I haven't once asked how he was coping with my depression. It caught him off gaurd, but we were able to have a heart to heart instead of me just venting to him. When we went to bed I fell asleep. I actually fell asleep without having the urge to get out of bed and do a million things! I woke up several times, but was able to stay in bed and relax. When I woke up this morning, I felt good. I didn't feel anger or bitterness. I felt calm and content. I cleared my to-do list that has been collecting dust over the past few months, contacted some friends that I feel like I've been pushing away, and that's enough for me. I don't need to do a million things around the house in order to prove my worth. I'm worthy.

I don't know if this is a good day, or if I'm out of the water, but I want to savor every moment today.

Thanks to everyone for the support. I hope you all are doing good today, or at least better than yesterday.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChocolateJunky
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Btw, I started taking 500 IU niacin and increased it to 1000 IU last night. I don't know if it has anything to do with it or if it was the sleep, but I feel good today.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

that is so awesome.  I am so happy for you hun!

hugslove you signblowing kisses

ChocolateJunky
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! Those emotis made me smile. :)

Quoting deltathree:

that is so awesome.  I am so happy for you hun!

hugslove you signblowing kisses

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I'm so happy to hear that you were able to get some things out there and are headed in the right direction :-)

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

im so glad you are having a good day today. discussing everything with your husband probably took a big burden off your shoulders.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Congrats saying how you are feeling. Is much better then just showing anger

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Glad you are feeling better

CaseyInKS
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Quoting ChocolateJunky:

Btw, I started taking 500 IU niacin and increased it to 1000 IU last night. I don't know if it has anything to do with it or if it was the sleep, but I feel good today.

If it were me and I had to take a "guess" as to what accounted for my improved mood, I'd said it was probably because it feels good/reassuring to feel like we are communicating with someone special in our life.  And effective communication is a two-way street, both parties need to contribute to make it work and it sounds to me like that is true in your case, good for you.

For all the means we have of communicating in the technological world/age, we seem to do precious little of it, sadly.

Glad you are having a good day.

Leobaby2007
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Yay for the good days!

nai_ryoku
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Defintely savor every moment of having good times. Glad you were able to have that heart to heart w/ your hubs. I used to think he was one of those who at least tried to understand what I deal w/ and I recently discovered how so wrong I was! I despise it when we get labeled wrong and he had misconceptions of my reasons for doing what I do and how I feel and so I've officially marked him off my list of those TRYING to get me. I try to "correct" him but get nowhere. Glad you were able to get somewhere w/ your husband. What a blessing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)