Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Grrrrrr *rant*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
It's been a bad couple of months for me. First all the junk in December. The accident and the insane ways of the medical system. That only seems to be
Getting worse instead of better. I have a great PCM doctor. But I have to book six months in advance to see her. ( again insane when I need to see her before the 6 months I have to try and get an appointment starting at 7:30 am and wait to see if she has an opening.) then you get my neurologist who understands how I feel with everything bc she had her flu shot (that hurt her for 5 weeks) so the pain of whiplash and a broken wire in my neck is nothing to worry about ( never mind I have more movement then I ever did even b4 the surgery as a kid) so I'm at a road block there with her...(I explain and she says you will feel better in a couple of weeks.(it's been over a month and I still am having daily migraines and pain at the base of my neck....as well as sharp shooting pains down my back and other issues of hurting.)
Then you get my psychiatrist (new dr) had a real great one who listened and actually listened to me... But she was offered a higher paying job with amazing benefits ( so I don't blame her for leaving). Now I get this dr (use the term loosely ) that first of is a video conference ..(never again am I going through that! ) complete waste of my time. The nurse asks me to sit down and talk to him. So I do as I said before I'm not having a good couple of months and needed to talk to him. So he asks how am I sleeping, I tell him that I'm not I can't fall asleep till about 4 or 5 am and get up at 6:15 to wake my girls up so Grammy can take them to school. And that I stopped taking my ablify bc it doesn't work. He then says ablify isn't to make you sleepy it's to make your mood stabilized ....I told him well then it's stil not working right and I was wanting to try lunesta for sleeping as that is compatable with the other medicines I'm on.he says he will put me on trazodone 100 mg to take at night. I asked was it compatable with my other medicines. He responds with I will see you in 4 to 8 weeks and then dismisses me. (Wth I didn't get to talk to him about my other issues and concerns.)so here I sit afterward looking up the compatablilty of trazodone with everything else I'm on and find out that it has really bad effects when combined..(joy) so I still have all my issues,still have my depression and everything else. No answers in sight and I still can't sleep! So now what. I'm getting a new dr when I go back... And hopefully I will get answers and relief I hope. Also getting a new counsler who understands and if not actually cares does a good job of acting like she does...and returns phone calls would be helpful as well....;

I'm waiting on consults from my dr for fibromyalgia as well as some one to help me get a service dog for anxiety.
Sorry this is so long but I'm frustrated and no one at home has NF or the other issues.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM

i can understand why you are so frustrated. i would change drs also. im sorry you have to wait so long to get in and see your other drs. get on a cancellation notice and see if you can get in quicker. good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Thanks I asked to be put on the list this morning.
Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:29 PM

((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

CaseyInKS
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Doctors, maybe in an effort to be able to deal with a lot of situations - some very horrible, have a professional detachment which may be necessary to some extent but the truth is that is what you get left with: a "clinical" diagnosis which neglects the person attached to the diagnosis.

I found a doctor who is a bit better in that regard, not perfect but better.  Keep looking and asking around for someone who would be more empathetic to you.

As for the way "the system" works I'm afraid its only going to get worse with the changes coming up.   The U.S. does not have a history of doing things well and quickly, efficiently, and/or thriftily.   If it can get screwed up it will, that's one thing they are very good at.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Good news I finally have a earlier appointment February 11 th I can manage that alot better then waiting 2 months....I called orthopedics every Morning to see if they had a cancellation ..so I guess either they really had a cancelation or they were tired of talking to me lol...either way ill take the day :)
deltathree
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:29 PM

That's awesome! :)  Hope it goes well. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Good news I finally have a earlier appointment February 11 th I can manage that alot better then waiting 2 months....I called orthopedics every Morning to see if they had a cancellation ..so I guess either they really had a cancelation or they were tired of talking to me lol...either way ill take the day :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Tyvm :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN