Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

impromptu yoga

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

They (docs) have proven that you can take little walks broken up and it can be very beneficial.  That is great news.

I stop whenever I am alone and do yoga and then usually come and sit at my pc.  It really helps just be calm and feel good for a min.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
melissa916
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Good to know. There is a yoga place by me that offers the first week for $5 for new people. Maybe I'll give it a try.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I love yoga!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Thats great. i do downward dog to stretch my back out every now and then.  And when I have time I do Sun Salutations when i wake up.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I agree!

alix2299
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:29 PM
2 moms liked this

There is an AMAZING yoga dvd my husband bought me to help me with my anxiety and depression.  It is called "Yoga for stress relief," by bodywisdom media.  I know, pretty original title, huh?  You can get it from amazon for around $10.  What is great about this dvd is you don't have to know yoga positions in order to do the workouts.  She has workouts that range from 15 minutes to over an hour.  You can choose the type of workout depending on am/pm, stomach or back issues, stress/anxiety, depression, etc.  She is great!

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Thanx for this info - I will have to check it out on Amazon.  I could use all the help I can get.  I too have heard that walking, even for 10-15 mins. at a time helps, but I have a hard time motivating myself to do it.  Maybe yoga would be more motivating.

Quoting alix2299:

There is an AMAZING yoga dvd my husband bought me to help me with my anxiety and depression.  It is called "Yoga for stress relief," by bodywisdom media.  I know, pretty original title, huh?  You can get it from amazon for around $10.  What is great about this dvd is you don't have to know yoga positions in order to do the workouts.  She has workouts that range from 15 minutes to over an hour.  You can choose the type of workout depending on am/pm, stomach or back issues, stress/anxiety, depression, etc.  She is great!

jalex
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:08 PM

It really does help and I am looking for anything that does not come in a bottle that can help me.  PEACE :)

elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Certainly can't hurt!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN