Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have experience in coming off Paxil?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have been on Paxil for 5 years.  I have been weaning myself off as per my doctor's instructions but the withdrawal effects are horrible!  I am dizzy, headaches, nauseated, etc.  Anyone have any experience with coming off Paxil?  How long did the withdrawals last and how did you get through it? 

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Replies (21-21):
KALmommy
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I am not going on anything else.  My doctor and I think I can work with the anxiety attacks (if  I even still get them as I haven't had one for ages) with more natural methods that  I have been working on (yoga, meditation, essential oils, etc).  Even coming off of Paxil, I haven't had any attacks or anything...just the intense withdrawals.  Paxil has a lot of side effects for me as well which is why I want off it!

Quoting lyrick24:

i came off of paxil after taking it about five years and it was hard. are they putting you on another antidepressant. i had to gradually wean myself off of it. you can do this. hang in there momma. it was the best thing i ever done for myself because paxil had alot of side effects for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)